Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Why a Blog?

I have often been asked why do you have a blog? With the hidden meaning, how could you be so self-absorbed as to think anyone would give a shit about your dim-witted opinions? To some extent I see their point. I know I am not a gifted writer. I don’t pretend to be. However, I have a lot of things I like to get off of my chest. Blasting them into a keyboard on onto an impersonal blog somehow makes me feel a whole lot better.

In the end, I get something out of this. If no one reads this writing or any other blog of mine I would still do it. Writing a blog is not original, and it seems every half assed pseudo writer has one. I hate un-originality and I always feel embarrassed when anyone I know mentions my blog, even on the rare occasion, to praise it. I know deep inside me that it is shit and please I am not writing that to try and get praise. I know my limitations. I am a man who never got above a Moraine Valley COM 102 class.

Still, I blather on about all things Nick on this site for no one in particular to read. I guess even though I may not admit it, I want people to read it. Having a blog is the ultimate in vanity and even though I try not to be, I’m as vain as the next person. I have my faults, I am not perfect and there is probably some deep seeded need for approval in writing on this site.

So, if you venture here every so often, thanks. Thanks for feeding that monster. Having a half assed creative outlet is a good thing and I suggest if you don’t already try writing one yourself. I am proof that anyone can do it. Even if you are only writing it for you to read it is therapeutic. That’s all I have to say on this subject.

2 Comments:

Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

I like reading your blogs, how else would I know how you really feel. I still think you shouldl write a book. You have a way with words that keeps me going back for more!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Nicky's writing syle as well, and it is as good or better than some books I have read. I think he should write a book of rants.....................that would be hilarious. I am so proud of my sons!!!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home