Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My Dream Jobs

Here are my top ten jobs that I would love in no particular order if money, talent and logistics weren’t considerations.

1. Baseball Play-by-Play Man – Really, to me any job in Baseball would be a dream come true. It just seems to me that being the color man on a baseball broadcast be it TV or radio would be really cool. Sure, it would require a whole lot of travel but being around the game every day in the summer sure seems like it would be a good way to make a living.

2. Bartender – Being a bartender at a shot and beer joint seems like it would be a fun job. I realize that you couldn’t live on the pay but as far as a stress free job it seems like it would fit the bill. I like talking to people and I like listening even more. Being able to listen is a skill that if you are a bartender it seems like you would need to possess.

3. Video Game Tester – There are actually people out there that get paid to play video games. The gaming companies keep people on retainer to test their new games and get feedback from them. It hardly seems like work at all. Could you imagine staying up all night playing Madden football and getting paid for it?

4. Professional Poker Player – Would there be anything cooler then being paid to play poker? Instead of offering up your own cash the biggest names in the world are paid to see who is the best player. I love playing cards and while I am a decent poker player it takes a lot of time to energy to become a pro on that level. It would really be sweet to be able to do that for a living.

5. Projectionist – Talk about an easy job, you basically get paid to sit on your ass, and watch movies. Your main task is starting the movie on time. It is a union job and if you can get into that union you have it made from what I hear.

6. A Syndicated Columnist – Everyone has two bit opinions (as evidenced by the number of half assed blogs out there like this one.) To get paid to give them seems like it would be pretty cool. I wish I had the talent for that because I would be happy just doing that and not needing to write bad books and ruin a once great TV movie review show (Hello, Mr. Roeper)

7. Disc Jockey – Getting paid to play records seems like a wicked job. Sadly a lot of radio stations no longer feel the need to pay for on air talent and just play pre-programmed music. That is why I won’t listen to Jack FM. I would love to be able to spin records I want to listen to all day and get paid for it. In high school, I got my FCC license and at one time really wanted to do this but my dream died due to lack of desire.

8. Pizza Delivery Man – For a brief time I delivered pie’s for Angie’s on 79th and I kind of liked it. The pay was brutal and with gas prices the way they are now I can’t imagine you make much money but, man talk about a stress free job.

9. Photographer – Getting paid to take pictures seems like a cool job. I am not talking about a wedding photographer but like someone who works for a major newspaper or Playboy. Taking pictures of naked women doesn’t seem like a bad way to make a living.

10. Golf Starter – This is what I want to do when I retire. I want to be the old guy who drives around in a cart on the golf course. I realize there is no money in it but being outside all day in the summer on a golf course sounds like it could be really cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home