Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Most Important Meal

Since football is over I figured I needed to make up for my lack of attention to her by taking Joyce out for breakfast on Sunday mornings now. So, each week we have been trying places with the ultimate goal of finding the best breakfast around. Here is a brief summary of the first five places we have tried.

Southern Belle’s, Archer and Roberts Rd. – Good food, but a little pricey. Eggs were a little runny and they do not offer a complimentary orange juice. I can’t say the place was bad and Joyce seemed to like it more then I did, still all in all while it wasn’t a bad meal I can’t recommend it and the bil,l I thought for what I ate was a little high.

Les Brother’s, 95th and 77th Ave.– Large portions and reasonable. Double yoked eggs are a plus and they offer a complimentary OJ. Nothing here stands out as great nor does it suck. It was an average breakfasts but for the money I can’t really complain.

Jedi’s Garden, Cicero and Southwest Highway – So, far this place is the leader. Real good food, a complimentary OJ and our bill was under 10 bucks. Portions are huge and it has the best eggs I have had so far. Both Joyce and I were in agreement after leaving this establishment that this was just a great place to have breakfast.

Huck Finn Donuts, 103rd and Cicero – A complete miss. Food was real bad, with eggs so runny, they could have ran a marathon. It was 2 bucks for an OJ making the bad food bill come to over 18 bucks, which for breakfast is a robbery. Donuts are good however but they were not enough to save this place.

Palos Diner, 111th and 81st Ave. – A pleasant surprise. I wasn’t expecting much from this new place that opened up by my house that used to be an oil change joint on 111th. However, because it was so close to our house we wanted to try it. It is rather small but the food was pretty good and reasonable. My only complaint was that they didn’t have the standard two eggs, two pancake special like most places. Overall, I would go back and would recommend the place.

3 Comments:

Blogger ZombieDante said...

I'm sure you miss Steak-n-Egger. Or, for that matter, Bac-n-Eggs.

12:34 PM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

I found a Steak-n-Egger on Central but not sure I want to eat there.

Ah, Bac-n-Eggs, or as we used to call it Little Vegas. With Marv, the old Army cook slinging hash. Tony eating the remaining gravy off of Wally's plate and of course the time Wally got the perch special. All good times.

12:48 PM  
Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

I like the cornbeef hash with eggs at Palos Diner. The food and price were reasonable. It is a small place so it's only a matter of time when there's a line out the door. I also want to try that one by Worth jewelry on 111th. Now that looks like a dive!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home