Friday, December 30, 2011

I'm Just a Girl

10 things I like that make me a girl

500 Days of Summer – I guess I can relate to being totally in love with a girl and not getting that feeling back. It’s not your typical rom com and maybe that is why I like this film so much.

Hall and Oates – Ok I am just going to own to it. Rich Girl, Sara Smile, Maneater, Private Eyes, Family Man, I have to admit I dig. Sure, they are poppy 80’s nonsense but they wrote catchy songs that are fun and not to be taken seriously.

Cranberry and Vodka – This is my go to drink at weddings. I know these are the main ingredients in Cosmopolitans as well and despite hating Sex in the City with a mad fucking passion, I have to admit I dig this drink and hey I won’t get a urinary tract infection which is nice.

George Clooney – Ok, I have a non sexual man crush on Clooney. I think the guy is a good actor. Sure he has made some bad movies (The men who Stare at Goats anyone) but when he is on he’s really good. I first dug him in From Dusk til Dawn and then thought he was great in O’ Brother Where Art Thou. I love the Ocean’s series (ok the middle one was weak) and overall just think the guy epitomizes cool.

Clean Sheets – I never knew how much I liked sleeping in clean sheets until I started to. When I was a younger man I really didn’t give a shit. But, nowadays, I must say there is something about slipping under the covers to the smell of a clean bed sheet that I really dig.

John Hughes – I grew up in the 80’s living in the suburbs of Chicago watching his films. I have to own to digging almost of all his teen flicks. Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, hell even Pretty in Pink, if I am at home and one of them is on I put the remote down. This is very difficult to admit.

Last Dance by Donna Summer – I don’t know why but for whatever reason this song comes on at a wedding and I on the dance floor busting a move, shaking my money maker like a dancing fool. I have no reason or defense for this.

The Food Network – I don’t like all the shows but I know more than most men about them and the hosts of each. Ask me about Ellie Krieger, I dare you.

Fabric Softener – I never used it back in the day. Hell I would usually get the cheapest laundry detergent I could find and use that. But, now I wouldn’t think of doing a load without adding some Snuggle.

Early No Doubt – Gwen Stefani has gone off the rails big time. But, Tragic Kingdom era I am all over it. I wore that cd out back in the day. I would jam to I’m just a girl and have no reservations about it. Get a couple of beverages in me and I will wail out a mean karaoke version of Don’t Speak with very little prodding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home