Thursday, January 20, 2005

Venting II - The Wrath Of Nick

I last vented a month and a half ago and damn it I am backed up so here goes.

People on the train that talk really loud on their cell phones. These assholes don’t get that hey, you don’t need to fucking speak at a decibel level of a Who concert. Unless the other person you are talking to is Marlee Matlin quiet down. And, while we are on the subject use the phone for emergency calls only please. The rest of the train does need to hear about you plan for the evening which usually includes watching American Idol.

Norte Dame – I hate this fucking school. It is bad enough dealing with the dopes who actually went there but these other morons are the one’s that really boggle my mind. Norte Dame has a following of their football team that amazes me. People, who never went to the school, idolize it. Maybe it is because of the name Fighting Irish. Which I equated to drunken guys named Sully, getting their ass kicked in bar fights. On top of all this any school that goes by the moniker “God’s Team” and has a touchdown Jesus needs to go far, far away.

Wal Mart Advertising – I see these commercials and I want to vomit. Listen, you guys run the world and have beaten your competition into a pulp with your bullying tactics. You’ve killed thousands upon thousands of mom and pop stores and you should be proud. All I ask is that you stop trying to pretend that you care about people. Stop kidding us; all you see in a person is their income per capita and how much you can suck from their bank accounts. Those nauseating ad’s were you have some Grandfather talking to a Gingerbread man cookie are pathetic. Quit it already, you have enough of the market place and you’ve already duped most of the middle class. You are wasting money on needless self-serving advertising.

Hollywood Couples – Who cares already? Does anyone really lose any sleep because Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anistion broke up? If your life is so devoid of pleasure that you fell the need to live vicariously through celebrities who you will never meet than I suggest buying a gun and ending it already.

People who believe in Creationism – People who don’t believe in Evolution should not be allowed to operate large vehicles. I guess scientific proof is not enough for these simpletons. It’s funny, people I think are forward thinking enough and rationale just can’t get past that religious upbringing. If you read the bible it contradicts itself all over the place. Discover magazine just did a whole piece on Evolution (Which I read while waiting to get probed by my dentist.) It was fascinating and further proved to me that people have been brain washed by these religious zealots who are not happy unless you think their way and their way only.

Hypochondriac’s – Listen, if you are legitimately sick, I feel for you. However, I think most of the time these people are sick in the head. Instead of taking Tylenol, why not get out of the house. Go have some fun and stop thinking about getting sick. Stress lowers the immune system. If you are constantly getting sick than you need to stop, take five and get your priorities straight. Life is to short to go through it sick all the time. I say enjoy the ride while you can.

Kate Hudson – She has quickly picked up the slack from Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts and has filled that lame, romantic comedy, gee look how cute I am, movie niche. All of these movies are the same. Woman meets man, they are totally opposite from one another. They annoy each other at first but wait; they are secretly falling in love. Neither one wants to admit it until five minutes before the movie ends and low and behold we have a happy ending. Pass me the vomit bag. Kate Hudson started out with such promise with Almost Famous. However, that is her career highlight. I am not sure if I hate her or Reese Witherspoon more. Here’s an idea, take a chance. Pick a script based its merit not on how big of a check the studio is going to write you.

Gun Nuts – I really can’t even fathom this one. How can anyone think for a minute more guns is a good idea. Listen, no one wants to take away your hunting rifle. Gun Control is just that, controlling guns. To say well, the criminals are just going to get them anyway is a cop-out. If the gun companies stopped making armor piercing bullets and automatic weapons then just how are criminals going to get them? Background checks and trigger guards are a good thing. Lastly, please don’t give me that right to bear arms crap. The drafters of the constitution were afraid of the king of England. That is why they put in the right to bear arms. Not to bear semi-automatic uzi’s.

Clients who don’t give up their chairs – This is a very personal one as it only pertains to me. When I go to visit a client and need to work on their computer it is much easier to do see when I can actually type on the keyboard with out having to go over your back or between your arm’s. Common courtesy is gone in today’s society and this is just another glaring example of that. It’s funny and maybe I just tend to notice this more but it always seems the assholes that don’t give up tier seats are the ones with George W. Bush mouse pads in their cubes. I am of the belief that if you make someone’s job easier they will do a better job for you. If you make it harder than they are just going to do the minimum and try to get rid of you as fast as they can. That is what I do to clients that won’t let me sit down to look at their system. I half ass fix anyway I can and make a mental note to put them on my shit list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home