Thursday, May 05, 2005

I Missed The Exit Sign When I Entered Hell

So, let’s recap. The Cubs have now lost five straight by getting swept by the Brewers. The fucking Brewers! This is a team so pathetic that they have to advertise in Chicago media to get fans here to see the games up in Cheese land, since there are not enough actual Brewer fans. We lost yesterday when a rookie pitcher walked in a run and we lost today on a misplayed popup.

On the other hand the Sox have now won five straight as they swept away the equally pathetic Royals. They now sit with a 21-7 record. As much as Sox fans should be happy with the success and bask in it I am sure I will get the inevitable trash talking from the Sox fans. To them all I can say is enjoy it while you can. I’ve seen a lot of baseball in my days and this team is playing so far over it’s head it is unreal. They are getting every break and winning with their best hitter hitting .194. Remember breaks have a way of evening out in a 162 game season and if you think Jon Garland is going to win the Cy Young, all I have to say is put down the kool-aid.

This is not to try to de-value what the White Sox have done. It has been truly amazing. As a fan of the team you should be elated. God knows I would be if the situation were reversed. All I ask is that you win with some class and support your team. The Sox for this three game series drew, 40,463 fans. The Cubs will draw close to that for our next loss tomorrow at Wrigley to the Phillie’s. Go support your team and stop giving excuses. The Sox are the second team in this town for a reason. You guys simply do not support your team. If a 21-7 start does not fill the seats than nothing will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home