Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Columbus Day Fun

There are not many benefits working for a bank. However, getting the lame holidays off is one of them. This Monday was Columbus Day so I had a nice relaxing three-day weekend. Here is a brief rundown on the events of said weekend.

Friday 10/7 - After work, went home and it was raining thus canceling my plans to get one last mow of the lawn in. So, instead the wife and I went to Pepe’s in Countryside for dinner. I was hoping to avoid as many Sox fans as possible but they were out in full force Friday night, even t a Pepe’s. I ate and decided to seek shelter at home. I popped in Laurel Canyon form netflix. After a slow start, I kind of got into the movie and would recommend it.

Saturday 10/8 – Joyce has school on Saturdays now, so I have the homestead to myself. I got up and took my truck in to get an oil change. I also had them replace the fuel filter as I think it was the original that came with the car. After leaving Oil Expert’s I headed to Dominick’s to grab a soup and salad. There I ran into my Uncle Dan. I chatted with him and then headed home to eat.

After eating lunch, I cut the lawn and put together a leaf blower I had bought at Menards. I figured it would be easy to put together however since no one gives you directions with words anymore it was a little more difficult that I anticipated. However after some struggling I did get it together.

Joyce got home from school and we went to Top Notch in Oak Lawn. For my money Top Notch makes the best hamburger I have ever had. They use fresh ground beef and homemade french fries. I also got their Strawberry shake, which might be the best tasting thing on earth. After dinning at the Notch, we headed home. Where we watched bad cable and eventually fell asleep.

Sunday 10/9 – I got up and put in my final lineup for my fantasy football team. I then headed to Walgreen’s to get some money and grab a paper. I got home, farted around and then eventually headed up to Zante’s Lounge in Palos, to watch the football games. My crew and I used to go to the Dome in Bridgeview every week, but it has closed leaving us homeless on Sunday’s. I have now gone to four different bars to try and find a new home. Zante’s was ice but it is no home. Still, I had a couple of Miller High Life’s and chowed on some bad pizza while watching the Bears lose. After yucking it up with some friends there, I headed home.

Eventually Joyce and I headed to her mom’s house as we were going to dinner with her, her brother and her nephew A.J. We went to this South American restaurant, which had a lot of meat on the menu. We all shared our plates and it had this real good chicken, rice and bean combo. After sinner the five of us got desert at Dairy Queen, being entertained by A.J’s antics. After desert Joyce bought some jewelry from her mom and we headed home for the evening.

Monday 10/10 – Joyce and I got up early and grabbed breakfast at Lumme’s in Palos Heights. The place was hoping however, the food was just average. After breakfast, Joyce had an eye doctor appointment so, she headed there while I headed home. After awhile I again headed to Dominick’s as I am hooked on their salad bar. I grabbed a salad and headed home wand waited for Joyce.

Joyce got home and we headed to the theater to watch Flight Plan. It was another typical, recycled, forgettable Hollywood plot with more holes in it than Swiss cheese. Let’s just say I didn’t like it. From the theater we headed to Cub Food’s to go grocery shopping. We picked up are goods, unpacked them and Joyce made a couple of dishes for the week. I was not really hungry so, later that night I popped in a frozen dinner and just ate that. I then sat back and watched the Angles beat the Yankee’s thus making me an Angel fan this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home