Monday, March 20, 2006

A New J-O-B

About a month and a half ago I wrote about how I had come to my breaking point with the bank. After the latest round of layoffs my job has become a constant series of putting out fires all day. I don’t have the luxury to provide as good of service as I did in the past because of this. So, I mentioned in that post that I was going to begin the long and timely search of finding a new job.

I started in the usual places. I went to all the popular websites and started shooting off my resume and applying for the positions that met my criteria. As I was in the middle of my job search, I caught a lucky break. I was taking the train home and my old boss from Harris Bank brother was sitting across from me. I started talking to him and he mentioned my old boss, Frank was the IT Director for a company called TQ3 Navigant and that he might need somebody. He gave me his number and I called him the following day.

I talked with Frank and found out that he had an opening. So, I then went in and had an interview. Now, since I knew Frank it was more of an informational talk. I had as many or more questions for him about this company then he had for me. So, after talking with him I let him know that if he made me an offer in my salary range that I would probably take it.

A week or so went by and I went in again to fill out an application so a formal offer could be made. Another week or so went by before Frank called me with his offer. I won’t go into specifics but the money was in the ballpark and the perks were good enough to lure me away. I accepted his offer and I gave my notice here at the bank. I start there on April 10.

So, this may mean that this old blog site here may not be as updated as much for a little while. In learning a new company’s way of doing things, I will most likely take a lot of my free time that I use to write my site of vanity. Still, I am pretty psyched to be getting paroled and I look forward to working with Frank, who I have worked with in the past and I know will always be fair and easy to work with.

2 Comments:

Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

Thank god, damn the banking business and mergers!

9:09 AM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

I will be doing a little of everything at my company. One of the nice things about a smaller company is that you wear many hats and get to experiance different things.

The benefits are pretty close to what I have now. To learn more about the compnay you can surf thir web page at http://www.navigant.com/Home/Home.aspx

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home