Monday, March 13, 2006

Brand Monogamy

It is funny how one can get into a rut when purchasing certain products. Companies spend millions on advertising to get a certain product in your head. I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. There are certain items that I will always buy and then there are other things were I could give a shit. I guess everyone is different but here are the products that I buy every time. I never waver and am very brand loyal.

Deodorant - Speed Stick by Mennon - I have been using this since my early teens. I am not sure why or how I started using it. I still use the original green scent. A couple of times in my early teens I may have tried different brands but for as long as I can remember I have been a Speed Stick man.

Tooth Paste - Colgate Total - Toothpaste on the other hand I have changed a lot over the years. I used to use Aim for the longest time. Then all of the sudden it seemed like Aim was no longer available. So, I switched to Crest. I used Crest for a long time and then my dentist recommended Colgate Total because it has an ingredient that fights gingivitis. So for the past two years I have been using Colgate Total, which works because Joyce likes it as well.

Shampoo - Pert Plus – Another product that I have been using since the 80’s. I simply use Pert because it is a shampoo plus conditioner in one. Also, it is pretty reasonable and lets face it, it is a man shampoo. I don’t know any women that like Pert but I swear by it and have really never used anything else.

Shaving Cream - Edge Gel – Once again a product I have been using forever. I use the orange-capped one, and I cannot even tell you what scent or protection it provides. All I know is that it has aloe in it, which is good when shaving. At one point I wanted to get the old school brush and cup to shave with and one day I may indeed do that. Until then I will keep using the Edge Gel.

Razor - Schick Xtreme III – I bought a Schick razor awhile back and have been buying the refills for a couple of years. However, since Schick has introduced its quarto razor I may be forced to change in the near future. I am having a harder and harder time to find the Xtreme III blades. Why I picked this particular brand I have no idea. It must have been on sale when I bought it.

Popcorn - Orville Redenbacher Natural Light – I like plain popcorn. No, butter, salt, kettle, or cinnamon. Call me boring and plain but that is how I like it. I find that Redenbacher’s pops the best and tastes the best. I used to pop it myself but it is a pain in the ass. When I found the natural light flavor my quest was over and I have been eating it for a couple of years now.

Potato Chip’s – Jay’s – I wrote a diatribe last year about how I enjoy Jay’s chips and will never buy a Frito Lay product. Jay’s simply makes a better tasting and firmer chip. The BBQ is a favorite but the plain are also very good. I’ve been a Jay’s man for years and don’t see me changing anytime soon.

Jean’s – Levi’s – I have been a Levi’s man for a while. I tried other jeans in my life but it just seems that Levi’s fit me the best and hold up over time. Sure, sometimes they are a little more expensive then say a pair of Wrangler’s or Lee’s but Levi’s can take a lot of wear and tear and still hold up.


Recreational Shoe’s – Airwalk’s – I am a man who believes in comfort before looks. (As anyone that has seen my flannel-wearing ass can attest to) With work shoes I am a bit of a whore. I don’t really care which brand as long as they are comfortable. However, with my everyday shoe’s Airwalk’s have been my shoe of choice for a while. I used to be a Van’s guy but I just find that Airwalk’s are a little more comfortable. I got a pair of Chuck T’s for Christmas so maybe I will go back to Converse one day but for now I am a an Airwalk man.

1 Comments:

Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

I know you don't like to use any lotion on your face but using a spf 15 is good especially with freckles on your body!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home