Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Are We Really This Stupid?

Oftentimes I am ashamed to be an American. With all the real and dangerous problems facing this country, the senate is taking time to argue the merits of a gay marriage ban which everyone including the politicians in favor of it all know has no chance of passing. Is this what American politics has come to. Are these Republican jag-offs this scarred of being voted out of office that they have to stoop to this level?

My biggest outrage is held for the morons who fall for this bullshit. Can’t you see past this heaping pile of fecal matter? You see they can’t run on their record. They know that Bush’s approval ratings are in the Nixon range. They know the economy sucks and gas costs three bucks a gallon. So, they want to push a hot button item to get the religious zealots out there and voting for them. You see they believe they are protecting the sanctity of marriage, to which I say what sanctity?

We heterosexuals have already sullied the institution of marriage. With quickie divorces and the Elvis Chapel how can anyone sit there and say that the institution of marriage is still sacred ground? I just don’t understand how someone can take the bible and Jesus’ message and use it to defend their bias and hate. Is it that they feel threatened somehow? I mean I don’t get why anyone gets so pissed and so adamant about something that has absolutely no bearing on their day to day life.

But, sadly in George Bush’s America hatred and intolerance is what rules. You see the Karl Roves of the world know this. They are betting on the voting public to ignore everything they fucked up and impassion them with their hatred. This is the ugliest form of political shenanigans that I have ever laid witness to. Like I said it makes me sad and I am ashamed of my country right now.

We should be better and smarter than this. Didn’t they pull this shit two years ago? Abortion and Gay marriage are just diversions that they give you so that the voters ignore the very real problems facing us. They say fool me once, blame on you, fool me twice, blame on me. They used this shit once to fool us and now they are trying it again. I mean can’t they come up with some other form of hatred or bias to push their agenda. They have controlled the White House, the Senate, and Congress for the better part of six years and abortion is still legal and gays are still living among us. At what point are these zombies going to wake up and realize that voting Republican is not going to instantly over-turn Roe v. Wade?

To these Republican pricks I ask, is being voted out really that bad? I mean Al Gore has flourished in the private sector. As a politician I was never a fan of Big Al. However, over the last couple of years since he stopped giving a shit and started speaking his mind he has been a new man. Now, he comes across as a decent and honest person who is no longer willing to sell his soul to the devil to get elected. In the private sector you can still be an asshole and hate monger if that is what you choose.

So, as I sit here today I again start to get sad when I think about the state of American politics. Trust me as much as I hate the GOP, we Democrats are just as much to blame for letting them get away with this nonsense and not putting our own agenda out there. If I have been saying this and I will continue to say it, stop trying to pretend that you are Republicans. We have a right and decent message that will resonate with people. We don’t need to pander to people who will never vote for us anyway. We should be focusing on the non-voters out there and energize the apathetic and get them out to the polls. We should be trying to win new voters and come up with a platform that clearly distinguishes our beliefs from theirs. Until then we are going to continue to get our ass kicked by these pricks and we owe it to this once great country to not let them get away with this bullshit.

5 Comments:

Blogger 10withmop said...

Would you care to verbally expound on your wonderfully well thought out opinion. I mean I am sure it took you hours upon hours of soul searching thought to come up with such a cleverly crafted attack.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I thought you were not originally from the Midwest but one can see from your blog that you are.

Hence, you are nothing but a psuedo-intelluctual and as such I have no desire to explain myself to you.

8:38 AM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

What kind of a moronic statement is that? I live in Chicago, which last I checked was not in Kansas, but whatever. If I am such a country bumpkin then you should easily be able to intelligently debate the point.

Or is that you would rather sit at home in your Mom's basement, typing on your keyboard, and anonymously attacking people like the pussy that you are. If you had any balls or a valid argument you would state it. Instead you choose to cowardly name call me.

So, let's here it Joe. Let's hear you construct a written sensible critique of this post. If you feel like homosexuals should not be married that is your right. But, I have yet to hear a valid argument for this form of hatred. I'm waiting Joe, come on prove me wrong. I can't wait to read your insightful reply.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Country bumpkin? Where did I say that. Is your ego that fragile that you take me to mean the Midwest is filled with Hicks?

See I barely type anything and you get it wrong. sigh, some people are just a waste of good oxegyn . . .

1:09 AM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

Well Joe maybe if you explained yourself a little better there wouldn't be so much room for error. Then again I am beginning to doubt your ability to make any sense. So, I will ask again, just what was your point on the whole Midwest statement?

I must say Joe I am disappointed. I was looking for some sort of defense of your opinion and all you seem able to do is use childish putdowns and name-calling. Thus, proving my point that you are more then likely a 30-year-old virgin who wets himself if he even sniffs a girl.

Or is it that you have some unresolved issues with your own sexuality that cause you to be against gay marriage? It is hard to understand and since you seem unable to type any retort that isn't more then a two-sentence name call, I doubt we will ever know.

So, Joe come on. You started this thread. You called me wait now I don’t want to mis-quote you, “a freakin moron.” All I am asking is you elaborate just a little on your feelings. It is easy to name call and criticize. All I am asking for is some reasons for your opinion. Trust me Joe, I can take it. I have think skin, I am willing to bet it is almost as think as your skull.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home