Monday, May 08, 2006

Netflix'ed Again

Here is a brief rundown of the last five movies I got from Netflix.

The Smoker’s – A bad, bad movie and I mean that in every sense of the word. Dominique Swain stars in this pointless, obvious movie in which every cliché known to man is unearthed in a sea of bad dialogue and a nowhere plot. Stay far, far away from this turkey.

Kinsey – A real good look at Dr. Alfred Kinsey’s life and struggle to get sex to be openly talked about and studied. Kinsey had to break down a lot of walls to get a puritanical country like ours to talk about sex. Liam Neeson does a usual good job and overall I would highly recommend this one if you haven’t seen it.

Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo – I didn’t expect much and got even less. I admit that yes, I liked the first one. Sure it was stupid and sophomoric but I laughed which is the point of comedies. Still there was no reason to make a sequel and this is proof of that. I won’t even bother to get into the story line since it is so ludicrous it is beyond words. All I can say is don’t waste your time with this one.

Overnight – This is a really interesting documentary on the story of Troy Duffy who got a million dollar advance based on a screenplay from Miramax and saw it all evaporate through sheer arrogance and bad luck. Duffy comes off as a total prick in this movie and in the end when you see that he is now back to tending bar, I didn’t feel the least bit sad about it.

Alone In the Dark – Another real bad movie. It stars Christian Slater and Tara Reid and yet for some reason I still rented it. My expectation out of horror movies isn’t high, but this one offers nothing. It is not scary, suspenseful, nor does it have quality kills. On top of that you have the two stars with no chemistry what so ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home