Friday, November 06, 2009

The MIxed CD

A lot of times I will find old cd’s that are left in a client’s pc’s cd rom after I have upgraded them. That happened again today as I was going through some equipment I brought back from my trip to Wisconsin a couple of months ago. It is a mixed cd that someone took to the time to create to get them through their workday, here is what was on it.

Track 1 – Dream On, Aerosmith – God I fucking hate Aerosmith. They have been living off of what they put out a million years ago and truth be told even that stuff wasn’t that great. Then they sold out like no other band in history. (Am I the only one that remembers the Britney Spears and Stephen Tyler Walk this Way duet during halftime of the Oakland – Tampa Bay super bowl?) Dream On was a decent track oh, the first 10,000 times I heard it.

Track 2 – The End, The Doors – Really? I mean I love the Doors as much as the next guy, but The End? Nothing like breaking up the monotony of a routine workday then a song about Jim’s oedipal complex issues.

Track 3 – How Long, The Eagles – Oh, you know where I am going with this one. In all my years on this planet I will never get the fascination with the shit merchants that make up the most over rated band in American music history, The Eagles. Maybe you have to be from California to get them? The lyrics to this song in particular are so 7th grade poetry class worthy that I seriously have to ask someone to try to defend this one.

Track 4 Tiny Dancer, Elton John – Okay this cd had to come out of a chick’s old computer right? I mean even if you are male and like this song to admit so, calls into question oh so many things.

Track 5 – Wonderful Tonight, Eric Clapton – If you went to a wedding between the years 1987 and 1997 I can guarantee this song was played at some point in the evening when for whatever reason this tune came back into the mainstream consciousness. It isn’t a bad ditty per say, it is just that now since it has been so overplayed it has lost any sentimentality it ever had.

Track 6 Touch of Grey, The Grateful Dead – Of all the great Dead jams, this is what you pick to listen to at work? This is the official song of the Grateful Dead poser fan club. To say they mailed it in on this one is an understatement.

Track 7 – Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin – I am not kidding. I mean didn’t they have classic rock radio stations where this lady grew up? If anyone can come up with a more over-played song I would love to hear a nomination.

Track 8 – Tuesday’s Gone, Lynard Skynard – She almost makes up for all her past misdeeds by the inclusion of this one. I won’t nuke it because I can’t.

Track 9 – Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd – To listen to Pink Floyd in any place other than an insomnia ward can be harmful to your health. Pink Floyd is the perfect example of a band in which every member is insanely talented and then goes out and produces some of the most overblown, overproduced music imaginable. If there was a band that is the Bizarro Clash it is Pink Floyd.

Track 10 – Forever Young, Rod Stewart – Do I even have to make a comment on this one? It is a strange world out there and hey, to each their own. But, if you like this one you really need to open up your personal musical library. This is the worst Rod Stewart song. That is like being the worst Michael Bay movie.

Track 11 – Last Dance with Mary Jane, Tom Petty – I have to admit I kind of like this one. I am not a huge Tom Petty guy. I don’t dislike him or particularly like him. This song does not hurt nearly as much as many of the other tracks so, I will give it a pass.

Track 12 – Baba O’Reilly, The Who – Well, I will never diss the Who. They are the perfect rock and roll band. Again, this is a tad of an obvious choice but I won’t nuke it other than to say if the Who were a bike, Baba O’Reilly would be its training wheels.

Track 13 – Who Are You, The Who – Wow two Who songs to close it out. Not my favorite jam by the guys but, again I cannot nuke it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO JACKASS THE EAGLES ARE 1 OF THE GREATEST BANDS EVER !!!!!!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home