Tuesday, February 01, 2005

American Idiots

I am sorry but I have one more bitch on working this Saturday. It seems the new policy is you only get a comp day after two Saturday’s worked. Therefore, after staying here, putting up with all the nonsense, in the end I get nothing out of it. It is bad enough I don't get paid for Saturday's. Now, I don't even get the time for them. So, I ask what is my incentive for coming in working my ass off? That's right we are going to take away benefits, not add to them.

You see they way they look at it, I should be happy just to have a job. If I have to hear, "In this economy you need to be thankful you have a job at all" I am going to puke. Don't tell me these corporate fat cats don't love this Bush Prick. My bank donated millions into his campaign. Gee, why is that? Do you give up? That’s right so he can keep giving large corporations tax breaks. Trickle down economics does not work. The mere fact that the same people who vote for Bush are the very ones he is screwing over with his policies boggles my mind.

When the economy was going good, (you know the Clinton years) my company could not wait to give me perks. They knew with low unemployment it was essential to keep good people. So, they would reward you for doing extra. Throw us worker bee’s a bone every now and then. Then the economy took a shit (you know the Bush years) and we all have to take it up the rear for a fear of losing our jobs. The most maddening thing is that I know that for the next four years we are going to go deeper into debt and make things all that harder on the next generation.

For all those who are going to come at me with, “What would John Kerry have done to magically turn things around?" My answer is, I don’t know. In fact I am not even sure he would have turned things around. But, what I do know is that our current administration lied to us and led us into this quagmire. So, I want to thank Kansas, Ohio, Nebraska, Florida, Texas, Arizona and Georgia for being a red state. Next time you have to pay out of your own pocket for your kids prescription or work a 70-hour week just to make ends meet, remember you have only yourselves to blame. Just don’t blame Illinois we Kerry’ed

1 Comments:

Blogger 10withmop said...

The new policy was of course announced after I worked on Saturday. It is not directly Bush's fault that I had to work Saturday without compensation. It is his fault that companies fear no repercussions when sticking it to employees.

However, my boss is a huge Republican Bush supporter. So everytime she makes these bad decisions, (of which there are many) I come back to that.

What one thing has to with the other is a little abstract. I will say this, When a company like JP Morgan throws millions into the Republican coffers, it makes you think just whose best interests does the GOP have in mind, Joe Six Pack or their corporate under lords?

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home