Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Catching Up With Netflix

I haven’t posted any netflix reviews in awhile so here goes with the last five I have rented.

Swimming Pool – A British film about a bored writer how goes to France to work on her new book and winds up becoming involved in a real-life sexual murder mystery. While the payoff may not have been worth it in the end I still recommend this movie.

Owning Mahoney – As per usual Phillip Seymour Hoffman gives a great performance. The story of a Canadian bank executive with a serious gambling problem who to support it embezzles millions of dollars from the bank he works at. A good story and a good film.

Melinda and Melinda – This is the best Woody Allen movie since Celebrity in my humble opinion. A different kind of film in which you have two stories involving the same women. Two different takes on what to do with a situation is introduced. I really liked this movie and highly recommend it.

11:14 – The premise of this movie sounded good and it should have been a lot better then it was. Sadly, this movie didn’t quite deliver for me, on what was a good premise. A cause and effect story about events that take place at exactly 11:14 one evening.

Happy Endings – Another movie that I thought would be better then it was. It has moments of sincerity and humor but overall I found it a little too schmaltzy and the ending tacked on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home