Monday, June 12, 2006

Non-Chicago Teams

Everyone knows my love for the Cubs and most other Chicago sports teams. (With the obvious exception of the White Sox.) Still there are some other teams I also root for and some more that I just can’t stand. Here is my list of non-Chicago teams I like and ones that I hate.

Top 5

Oakland Raiders – I am almost as big of a Raider fan as I am Bears. I said almost. I love the whole bad guy image. No one likes the Raiders and that is the exact reason I like them. The silver and black are currently in a funk but unless they are playing the Bears I am rooting for them.

Cleveland Indians – I’ve often viewed the Tribe as the American league version of the Cubs. They haven’t won in forever (of course at least they have been to a World Series in recent history.) The added bonus of me liking Cleveland and them being a thorn to the White Sox has led me to embrace them.

Indianapolis Colts – I admit that I am more a Peyton Manning fan then I am a Colts fan. I am so sick of hearing the Tom Brady love. Manning is a great QB and one day he will lead this sad sack of a team to a title, which would be quite an accomplishment.

Dallas Mavericks – I guess I am more of a Mark Cuban fan then a Mav’s fan. I mean I usually hate anything associated with the state of Texas. However, Cuban and his rebellious, win at all costs attitude make me a fan. I am salivating of the prospect of him buying the Cubs.

Oakland A’s – Reading Moneyball made me into an A’s fan. I love when someone thinks outside the box and has the balls to run with it which clearly Beane has. Give him this, year in year out the A’s are a solid club and right in the middle of the pennant race.

Most Hated

Green Bay Packers – The worst most ill-bred obnoxious morons in all of sports. What do you expect from the great state of Wisconsin? Ugly ass uniforms and that over rated Favre at QB. I hate this team and everything about them.

St. Louis Cardinals – Do I need to even go into why I hate them? The Cubs main rivals, Cardinals fans are almost and I said almost as obnoxious as Sox fans. Tony Larussa can kiss my ass and Budweiser sucks.

Pittsburgh Steelers – I have always hated this team. From their boring offense to their hyper alpha male coach, the Steelers are just one of those teams I always rooted against and Terry Bradshaw being an alumnus doesn’t help.

New York Mets – This one steams from my Dad and Uncles. I don’t think any of them will ever get over 1969. I was introduced to the Met bullshit in 86 with that Keith Hernandez, Gary Carter team. Still with all that said they still hold the record for worst team ever.

Los Angeles Lakers – I actually used to like them in the days of Kareem and Magic. However when they got Kobe and Shaq I turned. I hate Kobe Bryant and anyone who even thinks he could hold MJ’s jock is out of their mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home