Monday, March 26, 2007

Shamrock Shuffle

Well I ran the Shamrock Shuffle yesterday. I completed the 5K but I realized I could have handled the 8K as I was still raring to go as I crossed the finish line. I ran the 5K in 45 minutes which is like 15 minutes a mile. Considering when I was in high school I could run a mile in 5-6 minutes I have a ways to go. (Of course that was twenty years and many, many Miller High Life’s ago.)

Still, not to suck my own dick here, I was still happy with myself. Considering where I came from when I started training for this, I can’t help but feel that this is a step in the right direction in that I was just able to finish. I am a little sore today but not nearly as bad as I thought I would be.

I was talked into it, and as much as I bitched about having to go to the gym all the time, yesterday as I was running along Lake Michigan, I really felt like I had accomplished something. I plan on doing an 8K run in the Fall and then eventually get to where 10k doesn’t bother me. Hopefully, as I keep running more and more of my gut will shred into oblivion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you........I can't imagine running that far.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home