Friday, March 02, 2007

Vegas Bound Again

Well, I am off to Vegas once again. Joyce has some family in Sin City and we are heading there for a function with her kin. Since her Aunt lives near downtown we decided to stay in that area. I have never stayed in Downtown Vegas but am looking forward to it.

I have spent a lot of time in Las Vegas on the strip. While I love the strip it can get a little stale. In all my trips to the home of Wayne Newton, I have only made two stops to Downtown. On my first vacation there, I was just so in awe of all the sights and sounds that I didn’t get much past the Strip as far as where I went. It wasn’t until my second journey to the desert that I hit Downtown.

On that trip I did the standard Downtown thing and played some blackjack at the Golden Nugget. I thought Downtown was a little seedier then the strip and had a little more of a common folk felling to it. I only headed back to downtown one other time in all my journeys to Vegas and that was to guide some family members who had never seen it.

But, with her family living so close to the area, we figured why not stay there and see what it is like. So, we booked a room at the Four Queens. The Golden Nugget, my first choice wasn’t offering a very good rate so, after looking around online I found a deal at the Four Queens with airfare.

So, I am off to Sin City once again. We are arriving late Friday and we have the party Saturday and are leaving Monday so that really only gives me one day to gamble. Plus I plan on hooking up with my cousin, Kevin who moved to Vegas a couple of years ago. Having just been there in December and with two more trips planned in the upcoming year I might start to get sick of Vegas, then again I don’t know if I could ever get sick of that city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home