Thursday, June 14, 2007

Nick's Favorite Cereal

I am a huge fan of cereal. I can eat it anytime of the day. A big bowl with ice cold milk is heaven. So, here are my ten favorite breakfast cereals.

1. Golden Grahams – I have often joked that if I was on death row, my last meal request would be a box of Golden Grahams, a gallon of 2% milk, a spoon and a large salad bowl. Through the years, I have been a faithful fan of this cereal. You can look in my cupboard anytime and there will always be a box. It is as much a staple in my house as oxygen.

2. Kellogg’s Raisin Bran – First off it has to be Kellogg’s. Post Raisin Bran is not nearly as good. Noting cleans out the pipes, (if you know what I mean) then a big bowl of Raisin Bran in the morning. Kellogg’s sugar coats the raisins and that is what puts it over the top.

3. Cinnamon Life – Oh, how I love this one. Regular Life is not bad either but the Cinnamon brand is even better. The cinnamon squares hold the milk just right and make this one a breakfast delight.

4. Kellogg’s Corn Flakes – An oldie but a goodie. I know a lot of people like Frosted Flakes better, but I will take Corn Flakes any day. I don’t add any sugar. They are good enough the way they are. Again, there any many varieties of this one but go with the original Kellogg’s package.

5. Cheerio’s – Another classic. When I get in the mood no cereal can quench my appetite like Cheerio’s. Again, I prefer the old classic yellow box. There are nine different varieties of Cheerio’s now but the O.G. is still the king in my book. The Honey Nut is not bad but can’t hold a candle to the classic.

6. Rice Krispies – Another old time classic. Sometimes, simple is good and Rice Krispies is a perfect example of that. Another cereal that has a bunch of varieties out there now, but the old standby classic snap, crackle and pop have done my well over the years.

7. Quisp – I haven’t seen Quisp in the supermarket in awhile. Back when I shopped at Cub Foods they carried it, but Jewel doesn’t seem to. I may have to resort to looking online for it. Quisp is one of those hidden gem cereals. You will never see advertisement for it but trust me, it is a damn good cereal.

8. Golden Crisp – The debate has raged for years as to what is better Kellogg’s Smacks or Post’s Golden Crisp. They are essentially the same thing, puffed wheat with a sugar coating. For some reason, I prefer Golden Crisp. Both are sugary as hell, but Smacks is a little to sweet for my tastes.

9. Corn Pops – I used to really love this one as a kid. As I have gotten older, I don’t eat it as much as I used to. Still, from time to time I will indulge myself and grab a box.

10. Cookie Crisp – Another one I don’t eat that much anymore, but is very good. I mean this one was a no-brainer. What goes together better then chocolate chip cookies and milk? If I see it on sale in the store I will usually grab a box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home