Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Hate Being Sick

I know I have not posted anything in a week. I am sure the world stopped for all five people who read this. Well the reason for my absence is that I was sick as all hell. I had a sore throat. Now, I have had sore throats before, but this thing was a motherfucker. It started off as a scratchy nuisance on Saturday night. By Sunday evening I was in some serious discomfort as talking and swallowing (there goes my social life) became difficult.

I am probably the worst sick person in the world. I hate being sick. I know who likes it, but I seriously suck at it. I try to deny being sick to the very last second until I can ignore my ailment no more. First off, I can’t afford to get sick. I have too much to do around the house and to many social engagements I don’t want to miss. For example this Saturday is the Annual Christmas Party we have every year with my friends. I was looking forward to it. Unless, I am missing a limb I am going to try and make it. The problem is that there is nothing worse when you have a sore throat then drinking a beer. So, I may have to dip into the hard liquor at the party.

Another reason I hate being sick is that it is fucking boring. I have always been someone that needs to get out of the house. I usually get a cooped up feeling very quickly whenever I am chained to a bed or my house. Not that I don’t like being home and watching TV but, it gets old real fast. I have a short attention span and I get bored quickly. Well the last couple days I had been relegated to home confident and I was bored out of my mind. I tried to catch up on some stuff I had tivo’ed but as I said it gets old real quick. But, along with the pain I was in, the illness was knocking all the energy out of me so, I really could not do much.

Joyce was kind of enough to play nurse and try as best she could to tend to me. Her remedies are eating a lot of soup and drinking a lot of tea. She also pushes the vitamin C on me. (you would think she is on the orange growers of America’s teat.) I had so much tea that I was making non stop trips to the bathroom on a pretty regular basis. I pray that I did not contaminate her with what ever I had, as I don’t have nearly as good of a bedside manner as she does.

Today I feel a little better. My throat still hurts but while the pain was a 9 on a scale of 10 on Monday, today it is like a 4. I should be good to go by the weekend. I am back at work as well. My boss and co-workers insist if you are sick stay home. I have the luxury of working from home so the logic is why come in and possibly spread it around if I can do most of my job at home. But, I must say I am actually glad to be back in the office. One more day at home watching daytime TV would have turned my mind to mush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home