Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back in Town

Well I am back home after a couple of days in KC. A couple of quick notes about Kansas City. They might have the worst drivers in America. I could not believe how bad some of these people operate large two ton vehicles. I had cars pulling out in front of me, drivers in the left lane doing twenty, and people making illegal turns all over the place.

Also, I realize have harped on their airport a tad, but after surveying it again, I came to the realization, that it just might be the smallest airport I’ve ever been to. It makes Midway look like O’Hare by comparison. It is a complete dump and that is being kind. I did spot Brett Michaels of Poison fame in the rental car hub with a small entourage. I was tempted to yell out, every rose has it’s thorns at him, but resisted the urge.

I did eat some killer barbeque. I made the trip to Oklahoma Joe’s. See their website here, http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/ Man they have a killer sauce. Last time I was there, I made the mistake of ordering a full slab of ribs not realizing they were beef ribs not pork. I much prefer pork ribs as beef are a little too tough for me. So, I ordered pulled pork, with a side of baked beans. I think I still have gas from it, but it was well worth it. I also grabbed a bottle of their sauce and it somehow survived the trip in my checked baggage.

As for my work shit, it went alright, even though I did have to work my ass off more then I thought I would. I had to ship back three boxes to our Chicago office. I had three printers that were heavy as a mother fucker. Thrifty rented me a Dodge Caliber, (which is a piece of shit.) It is a hatchback so, I figured I would be ok transporting the boxes from the office in KC to the Kinko’s nearby so I could FedEx them. Stupidly, Dodge has this roll bar in the back that serves no purpose. So, I had to squeeze the three boxes in the back and front seats.

I got to Kinko’s and of course they didn’t have a cart so, I had to make three trips from the car to the Kinko’s lugging a heavy ass box. It kind of sucked. I am amazed the boxes got back to Chicago at all as the IQ challenged lady running the FedEx counter at Kinko’s didn’t instill me with a lot of confidence. But I walked in and poof, they arrived.

Hopefully, this is my last trip of the year. When I was at the banks that I worked at December was usually a slow month. At the travel agency I work at, that is usually not the case, as a lot of people are making travel arrangements. Still, for me in here in IT, I don’t have any more trips planed for 2007. That is good news because while traveling always is a pain in the ass for work, doing it in the winter months is even more of a hassle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home