Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dating a Teenage Nick

If it was the late 1980’s or early 90’s and you were on a date with Nick, there is a pretty good chance, you got to do one of the following. Movies and dinner are boring, and have been done to death. Why I thought these places were like Spanish Fly, can simply be explained as I was young, living in the suburbs and my options and money were limited.


Great America – One of my favorite places to go with a girl was Great America. I used to have a season pass every year. The reason’s where quite simple. First, you take a ton of exhilarating and scary rides where adrenalin gets pumping and mix that with naive teenage girls and summer and it can be a lethal combination. Plus there was the Whizzer.


For those that have never ridden the Whizzer at Great America, you are really missing something. It is a classic old roller coaster that has some nice drops and goes pretty fast. However, the best part of the ride was how you sat in the car. Basically it was two people to a car and you had to straddle your ride partner. This is a good situation because various body parts can’t help but rub up against each other. Which when you are 19 and trying to get into a girls pants can be a huge turn on and usually ended with a cleanup.

Really most roller coasters with a girl are great and I am not even going to mention the water rides but I am sure you can use your imagination. There was nothing like a being on a ride with a girl and her screaming and grabbing your arm. The hairs on the back of my neck still stand up at the mere memory of it.


Mini Golf – Here was another standard Nick date. I liked mini golf simply because it was something to do, where you could talk to your date and play a game and have some innocent fun.

Also, you could show a girl just how to use a club, which had its benefits. You stand behind her and she takes the club shaft in her hand. You reach around her and guide her hands as she swings the putter. Again, body to body contact and it was all innocent.


I spent a lot of time at Haunted Trails in my youth and would always try to get a round of mini golf in with any girl I was courting. On top of the dry humping, you could purposely lose to the girl to show that you are good sport. And then make inappropriate jokes about balls. Really mini golf had it all.


Bowling – While, not as great as mini golf, bowling did have some advantages. First off you could give pointers to a girl on how to throw the ball. You stand directly behind her as she takes the ball in her hand. You take her arm and swing it back and forth showing her exactly how to throw the thing down the lane. All the while you’re pressed up against her rear end.


Plus you can teach her how to keep score (at least you could in the old days before every bowling alley in America installed automatic scoring lanes.) You could also go in a large group setting so, the pressure of a one on one date wasn’t there as well. It was fun and cheap and you could go year round.


Drive Aimlessly – While this was not my favorite pastime I must admit I did a lot of it in my younger years. Going for a drive with some tunes playing was and still is a good way to get to know someone. Plus you don’t have to worry about the awkward eye contact like you would when eating a meal.


But you can have a nice get to know you conversation while driving around. You can discuss the music that is being played over the radio (a huge indicator on what type of girl she is can be gauged from figuring out just what kind of music and what bands she listens to.) Sure, there is no physical contact like on the items listed above, but you can gain some intimacy and remember most cars do have a backseat.


Cub Game – My last date was a Cub game. I can’t think of one girl I dated even causally that I didn’t take to at least one Cub game. I am such a huge baseball geek, that I need to make sure a girl I like, at least can sit through a game. Plus Wrigley Field can be a huge aphrodisiac.

I know there are those who doubt the smell of stale beer and hot dogs can be a turn on and usually I would agree with you. But there is something about that ballpark that is romantic. I can’t put my finger on the exact reason. Maybe it is sitting outside out in the sun or under the lights on a summer day or night watching the greatest game on earth.


You can talk and root for the greatest team on earth and then after the game the neighborhood swallows you in. Being very familiar with the area, I could act as a tour guide that suburban girls that didn’t know the city, just locked into. You could ride the EL and go explore the big bad city. I know it sounds tame but trust me it usually worked.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home