Monday, July 07, 2008

More Random Thoughts

Some more random thoughts.


I will never frequent an oil change business that has some kid out in front holding a sign. I know you’ve seen it. You are driving along and out in front of a Jiffy Lube and there is some poor kid hawking the latest deal to entice you in like some carnival barker in front of a peep show. Sorry, but this just reeks of desperation. I mean is there any more degrading thing you can do to some twenty year old? I will never, under any circumstance frequent a business that routinely stoops to this level.


O’Hare airport can lick my ball sack. Living in Chicago we are lucky enough in that we have two airports. If you ever need to come to our fair city or fly out of it do yourself a huge favor, fly out of Midway. To say Midway is more convenient is like saying the sky is blue. It is beyond obvious. O’Hare is a cluster fuck of an airport that is busy as shit and has more planes delayed then most. Every time I have to fly out of O’Hare be it work or pleasure, it is inevitable that my flight is delayed. Sadly, Midway is being less and less relevant as more and more airlines are leaving the airport. Southwest is pretty much the only alternative which brings a whole of other issues.


Grey’s Anatomy might be the worst show in the history of television. The few times I have been forced to watch this show, it has made my skin crawl. I love Lost, and most times ABC would run Grey’s Anatomy long and it would break into the beginning of Lost. So, I am forced to watch the end of the episodes and man does that show suck. It is basically a fucking soap opera and a bad one at that. It uses every cliché known to man to seduce bored housewives into escapism. Bad, acting, bad writing and bad music is usually not a good combination.


You never see anybody who is Mexican eating at Chipotle. It is kind of the same reason why you won’t see me eat at the Olive Garden. Chipotle burritos well, kind of suck. Yet, every tmie I walk by the one near me in the Loop, there are a ton of frat boy’s and trixe’s in line to get their bad tasting faux-burrito. My rule for any ethnic restaurant is if you don’t see people who are of that ethnicity eating there, it probably isn’t very good. The next time I see someone Mexican eating at Chipotle will be a first. I am not Mexican but I grew up with Summit burrito’s and Chipotle is about as Mexican as the Eiffel Tower.


The Dude in the Dockers who feels the need to sit next to me every morning on Metra is a pig. The man has many, revolting habits. To pick his worst is difficult, but I lean towards his nose picking. I swear, the man is mining for gold in the morning, and I mean he does this every morning. He also has a bad habit of taking his shoes off stinking up the train car with his obnoxious foot order. I have also heard him belch on more then once occasion and he always has a cup of coffee with him that he leaves behind after he gets up. I have tried changing seats and somehow he finds his way back to my car. He is a revolting human and somehow has a wife somewhere by evidenced by the ring on his finger. I don’t know her but I sympathize with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home