Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Nick on the Radio

I will be on 99.9 FM here in Chicago sometime next week. (I don’t have the exact day yet, I already taped my piece and they will email me exactly which day it will air. I will try to post an exact date when I get one from 9FM.) For those not in Chicago you can go to weplayanything.com and listen to the live stream.

For those who do not know, 9FM has this thing they run every night at 7, where they play people top’s 9 songs. You can go on their website and sign up for it. I did so about a month ago and then forgot about it. Then out of the clear blue sky I got an email, telling me that I had been picked and I would be on the radio.

The only thing that sucked was I had forgotten which nine songs I had picked. Then when they called me to record the intros for all my songs they had vetoed half of them. (I still don’t get how a station that claims to play anything can veto any song but, whatever.) So, with no warning I had to pick songs that were actually on their playlist off the top of my head.

For example, I had So Lonely, by the Police on my original list, but that was vetoed. So, I had to think of a replacement while I had the 9FM guy on the phone. I had to include a Police song, (I mean how could I not) and the only one that jumped in my head was Walking on the Moon, which I like but would not even make my personal top 10 of Police tunes.

But, whatever I will still be on the radio so, it is cool. Again, when I hear more and know an exact date I will pass it on. I think it will be sometime next week according to what the Dude told me on the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home