Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Punch to the Gut

This is a very difficult post to write and I wrestled with weather to post something or not. For those who do not know, we lost the pregnancy. I don’t want to get into details as that would just make us re-live the agony of the ordeal. Trust me we have both shed tears over this and grieved in our own way.

We are both obviously disappointed but, life goes on. There is no use dwelling on it because simply there was nothing we could have done any different. It just wasn’t meant to be at this point in time.

I realize a lot of people care about Joyce and me and we appreciate all the kind words and support. But, and I think I speak for Joyce as well, really we don’t need to discuss the situation anymore. It is over and done with and it is just like I said, every time someone brings it up, it is kind of like re-living the thing all over again.

So, I may take a small break from the old blog for a bit. I am sure life will come back to normal and I will be back to my old, sarcastic, pessimistic self in no time. Life can kick in the nuts when you least expect it. But, the key is to move on, gain some insight and become stronger because of it. The only good thing that I can see that came out of all of this is that Joyce and I are even more committed to each other then ever before.

Our marriage has always been solid as a rock and this had really strengthened the bond we already shared. Just knowing that I have her in my life keeps me sane. If we can get through the bad times, it just makes the good times even sweeter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick Francone said...

Well said, my son.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home