Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Venting

These are just some things that annoy the hell out of me.

The word Awesome- I have had it with this term. It stopped being hip and cool to use the word in like 1985. Sean Penn in his brilliant portrayal of Jeff Spicoli would often use the term awesome. It was funny and original then. Over twenty years later it is used way to often and in the wrong context. Cheese fries cannot be awesome. So, anyone who reads this and uses that word, please find another fuckin adjective.

Bathroom courtesy- I cannot harp on this one enough. First, if I am in the far right stall and there are two stalls open to my left, do not use the middle stall. Always, leave a buffer whenever possible. Also, when in there please leave the grunting to a minimum. I swear you’d think some of these guys were giving birth. Lastly, after washing your hands clean up your mess and wipe up any water residue you may have left on the sink. Also, if you are going to miss the bowl, please do the rest of us the courtesy to put the seat up.

Loud Talkers- This is going to sound like a Seinfeld bit, but loud talkers are killing me. You know the guy, loud opinionated, and usually Republican. This dolt gets no bigger joy than spewing his idiotacy on the world. I always feel like saying hey asshole, no one gives a shit about you single IQ viewpoints. Please tone it down so that the entire eastern seaboard can get some sleep.

Front Runners- You know all these assholes wearing Red Sox hats all of the sudden. These were the same pricks wearing Yankee hats five years ago. There is nothing worse than some jag off who just roots for the teams that are currently winning. My beloved Cubs were in the playoff’s two years ago and they all came out of the woodwork. I felt like telling the sunshine Cub fans to go home take off your Mark Prior jersey, and quit shouting Alouuuuu at games. You can figure out who they are if you ask them who Rick Reuschel and Larry Bitner are. If they don’t know they aren’t Cub fans.

Tardiness- Nothing pisses me off more than waiting around for someone who told you they would meet you at 7:30 and they don’t show until like 8. My time is just as important as yours. Everyone has excuses and this behavior is unacceptable in my book. I realize that I am in then vast minority because latecomers run this world. Go to a movie, and you will see what I mean. I will look in the paper and it will post the starting time as 7:45. I get to the theater early to purchase tickets, popcorn and pick the seat I want. I expect the film to start at that time, not the previews. However, most times the movie posted to start at 7:45 won’t start until 8ish. To me that is false advertising.

Religious Fanaticism- Listen, I respect a persons religious beliefs. All I ask is that people respect my Agonistic beliefs. It seems no one does. I am not naive enough to believe that I know the answer to the God question. I have my own independent thought on the subject and independent thought has no room in organized religion. With that said, if you get something out of the church fine. However, don’t preach to me. I don’t want to hear it. Also, don’t force those moral beliefs on the rest of society. I say we give all these religious pricks Utah, Nebraska and Wyoming. There is a lot of land there and they have their vanilla, Leave it to Beaver, Osmond Family society. Make your own laws, live like what you want, and leave the rest of the freethinking, evolved world alone.

Corporate Food- I hate Bennigans. Appleby’s, Chili’s, Outback, Fuddruckers, TGI Fridays, and all these other pre-cooked corporate monstrosities. As a Chicagoan there is no room or excuse good enough to justify eating at these bland crap merchants. If you want Awesome Fajitas or Pepper Jack Potato Skins than there are plenty of local Chicago owned restaurants that you can get them at. Open your mind and try eating somewhere unfamiliar.

Starr Jones- She has replaced Oprah and Rosie O’Donnell as the most annoying person walking the earth. The fact that anyone gives two shits about her abomination that was her wedding speaks volumes about American pop culture.

Yuppie’s- I’ve has it with the Gap pants wearing, frat boy, Dave Matthews listening, Sushi eating, BMW driving, cliché talking, zombiefied motherfuckers. Since we gave the religious nuts three states I say give these jackal’s, Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Then they can have all the Starbucks coffee and Lite beer from Miller they want and I won’t have to deal with their unoriginal, unfunny, and simpleton conversations.

That’s all for now. I feel like I just took a massive dump after unloading all of that. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home