Wednesday, February 09, 2005

For Those About To Rock

Don’t have much to say today so here are my top 5 AC/DC songs. I have always felt that AC/DC is the most underappreciated rock band in history. The Bon Scott years of the band where simply brilliant with not a bad record in the bunch. Yes, the later years have taken a toll on them but I cannot tell you just how much I love all of their early records. So here goes.

  1. Sin City – Early AC/DC song that simply rocks. I play every time right before I go to Vegas to get me in the mood.
  1. Highway to Hell – Everybody says Smoke on the Water is the greatest opening guitar riff, but I disagree. As soon as you hear those opening chords to this jam, you can’t help but have a smile come to your face.
  1. It’s a Long Way to the Top – Song was popularized by the great Jack Black in School of Rock, but I’ve been jamming to it for years. Rocking tune that starts off a very under-rated AC/Dc disc.
  1. Shoot to Thrill – I am a Bon Scott guy but this is the best Bryan Johnson tune they had. Back in Black is AC/DC’s Goodfella’s and this is the tune that gets me going every time I hear it.
  1. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap – I admit it is overplayed and an obvious pick but damn it, I can’t help it this song rocks. An anthem in many ways.

I want to give an honorable mention to Thunderstruck. Yes, it is a silly song, and was made way after AC/DC jumped the shark but damn it I can’t help but turn up the volume when I hear that opening riff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home