Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Softball Slump

One of the things I dreaded about running a softball team was the baby-sitting. Making sure people show up, getting everyone in the game, and all of that non-sense pretty much saps all of the fun out of it for me. Also, since I am busy with all of this other nonsense, I am having the worst year of my life stats wise.

I have two hits all year and we have played four games. This is by far the worst slump I have ever been in. The problem is that I am pressing at the plate now. I have never played first base at any level in my life and this year since I no longer have the mobility for second and no one else wanted to play first I was relegated to it. So, I put a lot of effort into learning that and really didn’t concentrate on my offense.

The results are predictable. I figured that since I’ve always been a decent hitter that I could just go up there and keep on hitting. So, as I write this mere hours before game time, I swear to you the reader, I am going to get at least two hits tonight. I went to the cages and realized a flaw in my swing. I was dipping my shoulder trying to pull everything down the line. I have to remember I am not a power hitter and all I need to do is get on base and move the line. I will report back with the results.

2 Comments:

Blogger 10withmop said...

For anybody who gives a shit I did indeed live up to my promise. I went 2-4 and hit the ball real good on one of those outs. Still a while to go to get my average up but it is climing.

9:38 AM  
Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

Good job honeybunny! GOOOO Softballs!!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home