Monday, November 14, 2005

Nick's Boring Vacation

I’m back in the office after a couple of days off. Here is a brief rundown of the events of the past week.

Tuesday 11/8 – After work Joyce and I celebrated our Anniversary at the Old Barn in Burbank. I had a Gift Certificate so, we ate like we were kings. I had the Prime Rib and Joyce got this pork dish. Both of them were out of this world and the Old Barn still is one of the best restaurants I’ve ever been to. After dinner we went home, I watched bad cable, as Joyce had to go to bed, as she had to be back at work the next day.

Wednesday 11/9 – I got up early and headed to the dentist to get a cleaning. After that I headed home and swept up four bags of leaves from my driveway. It was windy as hell, so a lot of leaves blew into my neighbors yard so I got kind of lucky. I then did the dishes and grabbed some lunch from the Dominick’s salad bar. Eventually Joyce came home from work and we grabbed a couple of bowls of soup from the Patio for dinner. Again, I let the bad cable wash over me as Joyce went to bed at a reasonable hour.

Thursday 11/10 – I was not inspired to much in the housework department so, I decided to at least enjoy one day of my vacation, so I decided to catch a movie. I grabbed the paper and nothing stood out. So, I drove to Orland and grabbed some chicken from Long John Silver’s and read the paper there. I then went to Marcus Theater in O' town and bought a ticket to see the Weatherman starring Nicholas Cage. Since the movie didn’t start for an hour and a half, I went to Best Buy to kill some time. There I picked up the new Office Space DVD. I then went back to the theatre and caught the flick. I can’t say I loved it nor did I hate it. It is one of those movies that you walk away from with no lasting impression one way or the other. I then went home and the Joyce and I ordered a pie from Phil’s. I then, again sat up watching bad cable.

Friday 11/11 – It was Veteran’s Day so, Joyce had the day off as well. I got up and bagged some more leaves from outside. Joyce had a light bulb out on the fish tank and needed my assistance in replacing it. We got the old one out and headed to Odd Lot’s Pet Store in Bridgeview for the replacement. After grabbing it, we headed to Nick’s Fat Boy for a real bad lunch. After getting home and replacing the light Joyce, started cleaning the rocks in the tank, which required my assistance from time to time. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love that tank.) We eventually headed to the Orland Library, as Joyce had to return some books. We killed some time there and grabbed dinner at Fox’s. I had some real bad ravioli and we eventually headed home. There I watched the Office Space DVD I had bought. After that I again let the bad cable wash over me before passing out on the couch.

Saturday 11/12 – Joyce had class leaving me to the house myself. I got up and grabbed another salad from Dominick’s. I then went to battle against the leaves one more time. I cleaned out the gutters on both the house and the garage. I then mowed the lawn, which was littered with leaves. I find mowing the lawn and emptying the bag fifty times, easier then raking all the leaves. After it was all said and done I had thirteen bags worth of leaves for the week. After I was done, I went in and took a shower and fell asleep on the couch until Joyce got home from her class. We then went to the Pit in Hickory Hills for dinner. Joyce wasn’t feeling that well so she hit bed pretty early. I caught most of the Bulls game and then I passed out as well.

Sunday 11/13 – I woke up feeling like someone had stuck a wire brush down my throat. I felt so bad that I contemplated not going out to watch the Bears game. I figured I’d live so I went to Champ’s in Burbank to catch up with my friends and watch the football game. After realizing that Champ’s was only going to be able to get the Bears game in (we try to hit bars that have the Sunday ticket) I was kind of miffed. I still kind of felt like crap so I only had one beer. I did feast on their halftime spread of breaded pork, taquitos, garlic bread, beef and chicken fajitas. After the Bears game I headed home. There Joyce asked if I could hit Cub Foods with her. We went and bought a bunch of groceries for the week. We got home and Joyce made a Lemon Chicken for dinner. After eating I settled in to catch the Simpson’s and eventually Curb Your Enthusiasm before heading to bed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you bag leaves? Doesn't your mulching mower chop them up fine enough??

I hope you are feeling better........

11:49 AM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

With the amount of leaves I have I really can't mulch them. I mean we are talking a ton of leaves. So, sadly I do have to bag them. I still feel like crap but I think it is because it is so dry in the house now that the furnace is on. I am going to put the humidifier on tonight.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put some Vicks Vap-o-rub on your chest and a dab in your nostrils.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home