Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Against All Odds

I posted a while back about an annoying woman who sat by me who is getting married and who quite possibly may be the re-incarnation of Satan. A couple of month’s back my prayers were answered and her desk was moved to another floor and I rarely have to deal with her. However, I have a new issue.

I sit by this other young lady who just started with the bank. At first I really didn’t have much of an opinion of her but slowly she has found a way to get under my skin. I sit one row away from her. Her desk is next to this guy Jason’s. Jason is a nice quiet guy. He is a bit of a techno geek, but I never really held that against him. The problem comes in that now for whatever reason this new girl who moved in, is absolutely in love with this Jason guy. All of this wouldn’t bother me but Jason is happily married with a young son.

One thing I have always been good at is being able to read people. Everything this lady does and every movement with her body just underscores her utter fascination with this guy. I sit by her and I have to listen to her flirt and flirt with him. She invites herself to lunch with him all the time. When she talks to him her, laughing and body position makes it so obvious that this guy wets her panties. She knows that he is married but I don’t think she can help it.

Jason, himself is clueless. I don’t know the guy well enough to say, “Hey, this chick is really in to you and you better be careful because or you are going to have a little Glenn Close thing going on.” Jason, like I stated is a bit of a geek, but I think that is what this woman finds attractive. Being a bit of a dweeb, I don’t think Jason is used to women flirting with him and I don’t think he realizes just how much this girl is in love with him.

And trust me she is in love with him. Stevie Wonder could see it. The sad thing is that if she tried this girl could probably find somebody who is not married to dig her. She is not what I would call an openly attractive woman but I have seen a lot worse and in her own way she could be attractive. If she took five minutes to direct that puppy love to someone who she could actually be with she more then likely would succeed in winning him over. Sadly, she has made Jason the object of her affection. This will all end badly and all I can do is sit back and watch everything unfold.

I’ve seen it before, after some work function or in some other innocent way, (like having a couple of drinks) she will reveal her true feeling to the un-suspecting Jason. Jason is a good guy and I don’t think he would ever cheat on his wife. He talks glowingly of her and seems like a good and dedicated father. However, this girl is infatuated and how he reacts to her constant attention is something that bears watching. All I can do is sit back and watch the carnage unfold. At least I don’t have to hear about that bitch’s wedding plans anymore.

3 Comments:

Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

I know this may sound conniving but sometimes I flirt with men to help me do my work or school. It worked with you didn't it? I know you were not married so it was ok. So maybe this is the case here.

11:48 AM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

No, there is no way. This is beyond inocent flirting to help with work. This is a full-on crush. I mean one day he wasn't even in the office and all she dis was say Jason this and Jason that. This girl is in love. It is really sad.

As far as it working with me, well I knew you were flirting but it was going both ways as I was flirting right back. However, I had been burned by past office romances so, I kind of tried to not act on it. Plus, I figured you were flirting becuase you actually liked me.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason must be clued in, by you are some anaonymous means. The worst thing that could happen is that this chicks reveals her "love" for Jason and he is so enamered and complimented that he does something he will regret 4 seconds afterwards. Given a heads up, he can properly prepare for the eventual move this tomato is going to make.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home