Monday, December 19, 2005

Whooping Cough

Sometime in mid-November I woke up with a sore throat. I battled that for a couple of days with lozenges and gargling with salt water. As soon as the throat started to feel better I then had to deal with some congestion. I waged war on that with Halls and Vicks on the chest. A couple of days went by and then I developed this harsh cough. I was drinking cough medicine like it was water and this cough just wouldn’t go away.

After awhile it finally subsided. I was cough free for a couple of weeks. Then I woke up Saturday coughing my ass off again. I got the flem going and the whole nine yards. So, I back on the cough medicine as well as my wife’s “cures.” She seems to strongly believe in vitamin C, garlic, and tea. Boy, does she push that tea. I drank four cups of tea yesterday and Joyce still wanted me to drink more. I guess I should be happy that someone actually gives a shit about my health enough to badger me about my coughing fits.

With all that said, I am here today at work and I feel like shit. It is three degrees out and I am just going to try and make it through the day. I am not a wimp but man all I want to do is get home, lie down and sleep for like a week. I really hate being sick. The funny thing is that for like three winters in a row I was proud that I didn’t get sick once. Then in February this year I caught a cold and then I caught this devil disease. I have no patience or time to get sick. I have too much to do and I don’t need a nagging cough to get in my way. I mean I couldn’t even hit the bar to watch football yesterday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to a doctor right now..........you sound like you need some strong cough medicine. you don't want this to tuen into bronchitis. If you are too stubborn to go to a doctor at least get that stuff you can buy over the counter called "Mucilex", it helps clear up the congestion and phlem.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home