Monday, June 26, 2006

Vacation

To the three people who come here, sorry for my absence as I was on vacation last week. Here is a brief rundown of how I spent my days.

Friday 6/16 – My friend Chris was getting married on Saturday at Starved Rock so, Joyce and I got up, packed, and took the hour and a half drive down there. We checked into our room and got situated. We took an exploratory walk down some trails and eventually met up with our group in the bar at the lodge. There was a casual reception near the pool for everyone which featured an open bar. So, I proceeded to enjoy that and catch up with some friends I hadn’t seen in awhile. After the reception was over, the wife went up to the room but I stayed downstairs and hit the lounge for those last two beers that I didn’t need before I eventually stumbled back to our room.

Saturday 6/17 – I slept in as I didn’t get in until almost 3 AM. I eventually woke up and Joyce and I explored beautiful Utica, Il. We farted around until it was time to hit the wedding. The ceremony was nice and short and we were soon whisked away to the reception. I must say the hall at Starved Rock is pretty cool and we had a good old time at the reception, dancing to Sweet Caroline, enjoying the open bar and telling war stories. Once the reception was over we headed to the lounge again to have some more pointless drinks. Eventually, I realized that I am too old to be drinking this late at night and headed upstairs somewhere around 3ish.

Sunday 6/18 - It was time to check out and head home. As we drove home and I had to listen to Mark Prior implode on the radio. We were both hung-over and tired so not much got done. It was basically a re-boot. I watched Entourage that night and headed to bed as my body eventually just shut down.

Monday 6/19 – I ate a big lunch from Peppo’s as I knew that I was going to the dentist for a filling later that day and I might not be eating much that night. I went to the dentist and sat there forever waiting before eventually getting in and getting orally probed. I headed home and waited for the novocain to wear off. Joyce was nice enough to cook some pasta and we enjoyed that. I eventually popped in the Exorcism of Emily Rose, which I got from Netflix. The move was alright for a horror movie. I eventually fell asleep watching bad cable.

Tuesday 6/20 – My Uncle Dan was also on vacation so he stopped by in the morning. I shat the shit with him for awhile before starting my day. I had planned to stain my deck but it rained so I had to put that plan on hold. Instead, I pulled some weeds and did some other outdoor activates. I eventually grabbed a salad for lunch and also hit Home Depot and Menards. Neither I nor Joyce felt like cooking so we ate at a Mexican joint near our house for dinner. I ran some more errands and hit the golf range that night making it home in time to catch Rescue Me. I then popped in Go, which when it came out I avoided but was recommended to me by a friend. I actually kind of liked it. After that viewing I again fell asleep in a wash of bad cable.

Wednesday 6/21 – It rained again so, I was again out of luck in trying to stain the deck. So, I headed to my Uncle Dan’s to fix my Aunt and Uncle’s computer. After arguing with Microsoft for awhile I eventually got it running. I bullshited with my Uncle and Grandmother for awhile and then headed home with lunch from Jewel. The rain ruined a lot of my plans so, I was stuck doing menial tasks in the garage. I eventually ran to Kmart to pick up some staples and that night I once again hit the golf range. I headed home just in time to watch the Cubs lose. Again, I ended the night on the couch asleep after bad cable.

Thursday 6/22 – I got up and took our cat to the vet in the morning to get some shots. After doing that I got home and ran to grab a sub for lunch. Joyce went shopping with her sister so, I farted around until my doctor’s appointment later that afternoon. I had to see my allergist and get a prescription. On the way home my car started to overheat, so I had to throw the heater on and pray I made it home, which I did. I immediately called my friend Kevin who is a mechanic and he told me to bring in the car in the morning. So, I got home and waited for Joyce to get back as I was now car-less. Since I had nothing to do, I made stuffed peppers for dinner, which I must humbly say were great. I again hit the golf range that night. When I got home I popped in Bob Roberts which I had not seen in forever. It still holds up after all this time. After that I once again let cable lull me to sleep.

Friday 6/23 – It was my birthday. I got up and Joyce followed me to Kevin’s garage so I could drop off my truck. After dropping it off Joyce and I went to breakfast at Georgio’s in Burbank. After breakfast, I found out my friend Dell was off so, I made golf reservations at Palos. I was pretty happy with the way I shot as all the practice at the range came in handy. I eventually got home and Kevin called and told me my car was ready. So, after Joyce dragged me to the Hobby Lobby, we went and picked up the truck. We got home and then headed out to dinner at Café Salsa, one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. After dinner, I went to Borders so I could spend the gift certificate that Joyce gave me. After buying some books, we then went to Trader Joe’s and the pet store. Finally we made it home and I threw in a great documentary called Wal-Mart, the high cost of low prices. I urge anyone that shops there to view it.

Saturday 6/24 – I got up and met Dell, his brother John and Paul Hunger at Palos Country Club to shoot eighteen. I royally screwed up the front nine but recovered nicely on the back, to somewhat save the day. After golfing I went home and met Joyce. We then went to my Mom’s as we were meeting my brother, My Aunt Kathy and Uncle John and my cousin Kristie at Rosebud’s in Little Italy. We got to Rosebud’s and let me tell you that food rocked. After dinner we grabbed an Italian ice and Mario’s. We eventually headed home for the evening.

Sunday 6/25 – I woke up kind of late as I knew it was my last day of vacation and I wanted to get in some extra sack time. I then grabbed lunch at Arby’s (yuck) and then hoped the rain would hold off so I could at last stain that deck. Sadly, the rain again came so, it looks like I will be staining next Saturday. I sat back and like the masochist that I am, watched the Cubs put up a pathetic performance in route to getting swept by the Twins. After the rain, I took out the garbage and did some other outdoor work. After re-heating my pasta from the night before, I settled in to catch Family Guy and Entourage before hitting the sack and a reasonable hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home