Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Likes 51 -60

For those bored of my likes, I am over half way home.

51. The Police – The band not the law enforcement agency. I would give almost anything to see these three reunite and tour again. Sting, however has become a dick and wants no part of a reunion tour. Which is too bad because for my money nobody was doing it better in the late 70’s and early 80’s then the Police. They didn’t release one bad record. Which is quite an accomplishment.

52. The Plush Horse – Located in Palos Heights this place makes the best homemade ice cream. They have a ton of flavors with my favorites being the apple pie and the mint chocolate chip. A great place to spend a summer night.

53. TQ3 Navigant – Have I mentioned just how much I like my new job. It is such a night and day difference in attitude and culture from the bank. I don’t mind getting up for work. I like my boss and I like my co-workers. I am a new man and am so thankful that I landed on my feet here.

54. Savage Love – I am a Savage love junkie. It is a weekly must read for me. I have never been much of an advice column guy. However, reading about other people’s off the wall sexual questions and experiences and then Dan’s responses are a guilty pleasure of mine.

55. Wrigley Field – I know I am biased here but there really is no better place to watch a baseball game. No where else that I have been, (and I have been to my fair share of ballparks) comes close to the experience of watching a game in the friendly confines. It is the last stadium left without a jumbo-tron and an applause meter. I know Sox fans hate it but that is all just jealousy.

56. The Soprano’s – Has the show lost some of its luster, yes. With that said it is still one of the best programs on television. The first three seasons were just incredible, with out a bad episode in the bunch. While I have some criticisms over the last two seasons, the quality is still there and it is must see veiwing for me.

57. Super Pretzel’s Microwave Pretzels – I am a fan of the baked pretzel and Super Pretzel makes a good one that is available in most of your grocer’s freezer. In 40 seconds you will have yourself a good and filling treat. Don’t add any salt and it isn’t that bad for you either.

58. Paul Giamanti – Another actor who is always good. I first noticed him in Private Parts of all things, as he stole every scene he was in. From that point on I have followed his career. It is comforting to me that a man with his looks and his stature can be a leading man. That gives me some hope for modern cinema.

59. Rolaids – If you eat like I eat and have a stomach like I have then Rolaids are a necessity. Almost instant relief from most digestion issues that I get. I am a fan of the cherry flavor but any will do the trick.

60. Firedustybaker.com – A therapeutic website. I have been calling for Baker’s head since he blew the NLCS in 2003. I am so sick of the Baker lovers out there who continue to make excuses for him. I found this website and it has become therapy for me as I read the rantings of another like minded individual who watched Dusty continually get out-managed and continues to retard the progress of young players.

2 Comments:

Blogger LeperColony said...

I've never gotten into Sopranos. It's funny, because that's the kind of show I would like, but I never had Showtime and I was too lazy/cheap to acquire it elsewise.

3:51 PM  
Blogger ZombieDante said...

I could never get through an episode.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home