Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Like This

Here are the like’s of Nick continued.

21. Mozilla Firefox – Firefox is so much better of a browser then Internet Explorer it is not even a competition. With a built in pop-up blocker and a better way of saving history, Firefox blows away IE. If you are not using it start, it is free to download and is very user friendly.

22. Kevin Smith – What can I say, the guy makes me laugh. His movies for the most part are low budget and have a lot off sophomoric humor. Laughter is just that, it can’t be faked. I like crude humor, sue me. With that said, there is always a heart to any View Askew film. Kevin Smith is a down to earth guy living the American dream. He took a huge gamble by making a movie, using credit cards and it paid off. I say good for him and I can’t wait to see Clerks II on July 21st.

23. Levi’s – The most comfortable pants on God’s green earth. Without Levi’s I would walk around naked. I love my Levi’s jeans and could give two shits how they look. They are comfortable as hell, and they last forever.

24. Seinfeld Reruns- I’ve seen them all at least ten times and yet, I still watch. I could watch each episode another hundred times and it would not matter. Too me this may be the best non-animated show in television history. Sure other shows were smarter but, there is something about the chemistry of those four characters that Seinfeld and David created that was amazing.

25. Dean’s Popsicles – Man do I love popsicles. Joyce has gotten me to start buying Dean’s with real fruit juice in them and they are just as good, if not better. A nice summer treat, and while they do contain a lot of sugar they are still only 40 calories per serving so they aren’t going to kill you.

26. Tenacious D – For sheer musical enjoyment, there is nothing that gets me in a better mood then the D. From the first time I put it into my cd player I was hooked. The songs are surprisingly catchy and the music is fun. I can not put a number on the amount of smiles that Jack and Kyle have given me.

27. Whiffle Ball – If there is a better game for backyard fun I have not found it. If there was a pro league, I would have been in it. I can still make a whiffle ball dance and stymie a hitter. You must use the original skinny yellow bat and only the official ball can be used. The game is great because kids and adults both can play and you can make the rules up depending upon where you are playing. Also, you need a good lawn chair as the proper strike zone.

28. Lindy’s Chili – The best chili I have ever had. Spicy but not to spicy this stuff is like crack. They offer it with beans or no beans. (I prefer the no beans.) You can also get onions, cheese or macaroni with it. No matter how you get it, it’s damn tasty. Just put some oyster crackers in there and you have yourself a meal.

29. Las Vegas – How could a non-believer like me not like a place called sin city. Gambling, hookers, one pound hot dogs, and Wayne Newton, Vegas has it all. It so is so trashy and so elegant all at the same time. When you are in Vegas, time means nothing. I can stay up all night playing blackjack, sleep for an hour and be at my make your own omelet breakfast in the morning. So much to do and best of all there are not a lot of kids running around. It may be the last place on earth for adults to go to have adult fun.

30. Ace Hardware – The local hardware store is about as rare as a good Ben Affleck movie, but there are still a few left. If you want to have a question answered by someone who knows what they are talking about go to Ace Hardware. While Menards might be cheaper and Home Depot might have more selection, Ace has a much more knowledgeable and helpful staff. I try to go there as often as I can for my hardware needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home