Friday, July 07, 2006

What Nick Likes

I use this blog to bitch and complain about things that piss me off or things that I truly dis-like. It is therapeutic and I will in no way stop doing that. However, I can come off as a constant complainer who is joyless. So, I have decided to write about 100 things that bring me joy. I will post ten at a time. These are things that range from entertainment to food. These are in no particular order. So here goes.

1. Baseball Tonight - Simply a must watch for anyone who loves the game as much as I do. While I have issues with the East Coast bias, I am an addict of this show. If I miss it, I feel as if I am missing a limb.

2. A Fasano's Cheese and Sausage pizza – I am a simple man with simple pleasures. As such to me there is nothing finer then sitting down and feasting on a pie from Fasano’s. Yes, it is greasy and yes it is not good for you. I don’t care. I like it and I don’t want to live in a world where I could not eat this pizza.

3. Netflix – I admit that I watch a lot of movies. And let me tell you if you are a movie buff then you need to belong to Netflix. I can’t fathom ever stepping into a video store ever again. Netflix is simple and inexpensive. If you to watch independent or older releases then really, netflix is your only option.

4. Airwalk’s - Simply the most comfortable shoe on the planet. I have owned many a pair and let me tell you, they rock. Maybe they don’t look the most fashionable, but I will take comfort over looks any day. Airwalk’s just seem to fit my size 10 feet better then any other shoe I have ever bought.

5. Mulitseed Corn tortilla Flat Breads from Trader Joe’s – There is no better snack on earth then these tastes of Heaven from Trader Joe’s. Now I can give or take the place as a whole but let me tell you these things are addictive. I mean I can eat a hundred of them without blinking any eye. Fortunately they aren’t that bad for you and it is a lot better then eating an entire bag of Jay’s.

6. My 1994 Ford Ranger – I have owned a lot of cars in my lifetime and I wound up hating most of them. With the exception of my Corolla, every other car I have ever owned has disappointed me. My Ranger on the other hand has been as reliable as can be. I got it for a song and it is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. Sure, it looks bad, doesn’t have air conditioning, and is a gas guzzler. Still, I love driving it and I have become something I never thought I would become, a man who loves pick-ups.

7. AC\DC – You can’t listen to them and be in a bad mood. It is impossible. They are simply a rock and roll band. They don’t pretend to be anything else. Their music is without pretension and you can enjoy it without feeling guilty. They play power chords and I can always put in Dirty Deeds, Back in Black, Highway to Hell or High Voltage any time I need to get my rock on.

8. Rescue Me – This Denis Leary show may be the best thing on TV right now. Brilliant writing and dialogue and all of the characters are somehow flawed and real. At times you laugh your ass off and then at others it will lay on the drama. Either way you are entertained.

9. My Craftsman Lawnmower - Man, I used to hate cutting the grass with my old mower. Bagging the grass was simply a pain in the ass. Then one day my Father was so kind as to buy me a Craftsman mulching lawnmower and my life was forever changed. Now, I can mow the lawn in about fifteen minutes without the annoyance of having to bag. Life is good.

10. Matt’s Chocolate Chip Cookies – I am not really into chocolate that much nor am I into chocolate chip cookies. I usually prefer Oatmeal Raisin. Still, that Matt’s Chocolate chip is one hell of a cookie. Just the right amount of chipage per cookie makes this easily the best of its genre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home