Monday, July 10, 2006

More Likes

Here is part two of my list of things I like.

11. Duke’s Beef – I could never become a vegetarian simply because of Duke’s Beef Sandwich. I have had a lot of beef sandwiches in my day but no one can hold a candle to Duke’s. Just the right size and they use just the right amount of spices. The world is a better place with Duke's Beef around.

12. Party Poker.net – I like playing poker. Having a website where you can just sit back and play for free with strangers is a great thing. Not only do I get to brush-up on my techniques, I get to kill some time playing a game that I love.

13. Stoney Creek Golf Course – Are there better and tougher courses, sure. But you will not find a better value for your money then Stoney Creek. It is a reasonably priced course that is in very good shape. They keep the greens nice and watered and I have never had any issues with the staff. A great place to spend an afternoon.

14. Miller High Life – Ah, the champagne of beers. I have always been fond of the High Life through the years. However, within the last two or three I’ve come to almost exclusively drink it. It’s sweet aftertaste and bubbly goodness is my candy. I can escape in a High Life and suddenly the world’s problems don’t look so bad.

15. The Office – I liked the British version and was leery that the American one would not be able to live up to it. Boy, was I wrong. Just a great show that offers fresh comedy. Plus if you happen to work in an office like I do, this show is like a kind of therapy. The ultimate water cooler show, I can always take comfort in the fact that I don’t work for a Michael.

16. The Oak Lawn Library – I love Oak Lawn and I hate Oak Lawn. Many aspects of the town piss me off but I must say they have the best library in the suburbs. Two floors with a ton of books, CD’s or video’s. They recently remodeled it and added a coffee shop and a drive up book return. I could spend a day there if I had to.

17. The Loop – Despite all of the pitfalls that can come with working downtown, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I love the hustle of bustle of it all. I like having all my lunch options and being in the center of one of the biggest cites in the United States on a daily basis.

18. My DVR – I don’t know how I watched TV before I had a DVR. I am no longer beholden to the networks as to when I can watch a TV Show. Now, I can trust that it is being taped and I can watch a certain show at my leisure, when I have spare time.

19. Top Notch Burgers – Heaven's diner must have a Top Notch cheese burger with fries and a Strawberry shake on the menu. Top Notch grinds their own meat, and cuts their own fries. Nothing is frozen here and the result is the freshest hamburger you will ever eat. To top it off their shakes are the best I have ever had. Located in Oak Lawn, Top Notch is just that.

20. Steve Dahl – I grew up with Steve and have been a fan for decades. His show has gone through a ton of face lifts over the years but one thing remains a constant, he makes me laugh. From his early “shock” jock days to his current technology geek status, Steve has been able to consistently put a smile on my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home