Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Some Netflix Reviews

Here is a two second review of the last five movies I have rented from Netflix.

Thumbsucker – I liked this one. A quirky little movie about a teenage boy who still sucks his thumb. It also reminded me that Vincent D’Nofrio can still be good when he wants to be. Give it whirl if you like different films that don't have a point A to point B plot.

City Of Ghosts – I rented this because it was Matt Dillon’s directorial debut. (I think I have a heterosexual crush of Mr. Dillon.) Anyway, this movie sucked. It was all over the place and was going in ten different directions. A good cast could not save this turkey.

Waiting – A comedy that was not funny. It had it’s moments but overall was a big miss. It tried way to hard and as much material as there is working in a corporate food hell hole, it didn’t really use it properly. Also, there is a running gag in which the men show each other their dongs which is simply not funny.

A History of Violence – Now here was a good movie. I am a fan of David Cronenberg, so I was looking forward to this one for awhile. I was not disappointed. Character driven film with a story that is just the filler for the performances. A big, huge recommendation.

Saw II – A horror movie staring a guy who used to be in New Kids on the Block. I think I said it all right there. I liked the original Saw, but this one was not really that good. Still, if you like a cheap horror movie then there are a lot worse out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home