Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Final Like's of Nick

At long last here is the end of the list of things that I like.

91. Showers – I am fanatical about my showers. I could sit in the shower for an hour if I wanted to. The first thing I do when I get up is to take a shower. I just like getting clean. I shave in the shower now and have my own routine. I also bought a pour down shower head that is just out of this world.

92. Gardetto’s Snack Mix – Of the snack and trail mix genre this is my favorite. I think it has to do with the rye chips, which I love. I also dig the pretzels. Mixed with just the right flavor and proportions this is a nice and flavorful snack.

93. The Chicago Sun-Times – I read this paper everyday. If I don’t read the paper I feel like I am lost. I prefer the Sun-times simply because it is easier to read on the train. I start with the sports section then go to the business. I then stroll over to the lifestyles section and then flip the paper over to go to page one. From there I read it all the way to the editorial page, which is one of my favorites.

94. Bill Murray – I always found him to be funny. Now, he has a nice resume of drama that has catapulted him to elite status of actors working today. In Rushmore, I first realized that this guy can do some serious acting. Since then he has continually made good choices after some real bad ones in the early 90’s.

95. Rosebud’s – The original located in Chicago’s Little Italy to me has the best Italian food that I have ever eaten, that was not cooked by a relative of mine. I’ve only been there twice and each time it rocked. Their pasta is homemade and the marinara is out of this world. Go there hungry and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

96. DeepDiscountDvd.com – If you want to buy DVD’s online trust me, this place is the cheapest. A kick ass selection and an easy as pie delivery system make dealing with the site a pleasure. There is never a need to go to Best Buy again for DVD’s with this place around.

97. Remote Control – If there has been a better invention in the last thirty years I would like to know what it is. The remote control for my television is a god send. You never know just how great it is until you lose it, like I did the other day. I was in panic mode and suddenly I realized just how important the remote is to my life.

98. Self Checkout Lanes – When used correctly the self checkout lane is a great tool. Sadly it is rarely used correctly by most shoppers. Still, it can be a huge time saver when running to the store for a couple of items. My contention is that it should be used for purchases of twelve items or less and when done so, it makes life a hell of a lot easier.

99. Halloween – When it is all said and done Halloween is my favorite holiday. The reasons for this are many. There are no forced commitments with Halloween. You don’t have to go eat a ham or buy presents. Plus, the movies are great for this day. Plus the consumption of candy and pumpkin seeds. Really, what isn’t to like about this day.

100. Joyce – Well, obviously I like her. So, no list of things I like could be complete without her on it. I’ve written at nausea about her so, I will just leave this one short and say that I am damn lucky to have her.

1 Comments:

Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

You are the greatest guy in the whole wide world. I know we sometimes take each other for granted but I am so grateful I found you. No honey I'm the lucky one.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home