Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Some Netflix Reviews

Here are some mini reviews of the last ten Netflix rentals.

Slither – This was a fun horror movie. In the Tremors and Evil Dead mold, it is funny and does not take itself too seriously. If you get a chance give it a whirl as this movie should have had a bigger audience.

The Puffy Chair – An extremely low budget road movie where a guy, his brother and his girlfriend travel to deliver a Lazy Boy to their dad in Atlanta. I kind of liked it in that it didn’t Hollywood up the ending.

Victory – A movie time forgot. A 1980’s WWII film in which Sly Stallone and Michael Caine are POW’s in Germany. The Germans organize a soccer game between the Nazi’s and the prisoners. Stallone organizes an escape during the soccer game. Not a bad movie.

Basic Instinct II – I know what you are thinking, why did you even bother? Well, I wanted to see for myself just how bad this movie really was, and it was bad. Sharon Stone looks good for her age, I will give her that. But if a sequel was going to be made it should have been done like ten years ago.

The Warrior’s – I saw this movie back in the day and really liked it. Had not seen it in years and I must admit time has not been kind to it. Kind of lost a little and was not as good as I remember it.

V for Vendetta – I really dug this flick. I wasn’t sure I was going to like it but I was kind of shocked how much I enjoyed it. If you can get past the main character talking through a mask it is a great film with a ton of political overtones.

Miracle Mile – A 1980’s flick staring Anthony Edwards about a nuke that is about to go off. I have no idea why I ever entered this movie into my queue. One day it showed up, so I watched it. It was pretty much a waste of time.

Spun – A movie about speed freaks. Overall it was decent and bizarre enough with Mickey Rourke giving a great performance reminding us of what a great actor he could be when motivated.

Paradise Lost – A documentary about the West Memphis Three who in my humble opinion have been wrongly imprisoned for a gruesome set of child murders. The more I read about this case, the more pissed I get. A small town assumes three kids did this because the leader of the three likes Metallica and has a book about Wicca. Anyone who, like me thinks the justice system in this country is corrupt, should watch this film and read up on this case.

The New Kids – Another movie that I am not sure how it ended up in my queue. Pretty lame story about a brother and sister whose parents die and they are forced to move to the sticks and work at their Uncle’s amusement park. There the girl draws the attention of James Spader who torments the “New Kids.” In case you are still wondering, yes, it sucked.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home