Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Police: Tonight

Well if you happen to run into me today please excuse the large bulge in my pants, for you see today I am going to see the Police. This is the culmination of having had to wait twenty-three years for this day.

I have read some not so good reviews of the shows so far, but at this point so what. I am seeing the Police. For years whenever I would be asked, which band that you haven’t seen live would you pay any amount of money to see, my answer was always the same, the Police. Now I have to come up with another band.

I have seen the Who, The Stones, Peter Gabriel, AC/DC and Paul McCartney. Now that I will be able to add the Police to that list, here is a short list of acts that I would love to see live, some of which I know I will never have the chance.

The Clash – When Joe Strummer was alive a reunion tour was in the works according to rumors. When he died suddenly there went any chance of seeing the mighty Clash.

Talking Heads – I have been a fan forever and Stop Making Sense is one of my favorite concert videos. They played at the Rock and Roll Hall fame ceremony when they were inducted and sounded better then ever. Maybe it is time they re-group for a tour.

Nirvana – I had a chance to see them for the In Utero tour and didn’t want to spend the cabbage, thinking I would have plenty of chances to see them. Kurt would be dead months later.

Genesis w/ Peter Gabriel – Not the Invisible Touch, Phil Collins monstrosity that they are touring with this year. I want a Gabriel led Lamb Lies Down type tour.

Spinal Tap – Would there be anything cooler then seeing this fictional band actually play live?

Neil Diamond – OK, I admit this is kind of geeky, but so what. I realize I would be unique, in that I am a man and I am under fifty years old. Still I know Neil puts on a hell of show and I would love to say I saw him.

The Ramones – Sadly, I never got off my ass and saw these guys when I was young enough and Joey and Johnnie were still alive.

Van Halen w\ Roth – The thing is even if they did bury the hatchet and reunited for a tour I am not sure I would want to see that. I would have liked to have seen them in the early 80’s when they were clicking on all cylinders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home