Friday, September 21, 2007

More ADD Thoughts From Nick

Here are some more random thoughts from the mind of Nick

I fucking hate Lincoln Park Trixies – Did I say hate, I should say I would like to kick all their well toned asses back to Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan or wherever the fuck they came from because none of them are from Chicago and they are all the same. They are all un-original, non thinking talking heads, who spout their lame robotic speak everywhere you go. All they are good for is being frat boy sperm receptacles, or being some rich white guys mid life crisis arm candy. So go drink your half calf, skim latte, Starbucks, and go to another Jimmy Buffet concert and delude yourself that you are hip and do the rest of us all a favor and get sterilized so that you won’t produce more dough eyed kids that you turn into miniature versions of yourself. We have enough Baby Gap’s in this world, thanks.

Carson Pierre Scott’s bathroom is paradise – The other day I was with Joyce at my favorite place, Chicago Ridge Mall. We had just eaten lunch and while she was trying to figure out what purse she wanted to buy, my stomach started grumbling and I realized it was time to drop the kids off at the pool. We where in Carson’s so, I made my way upstairs to their restroom. Let me tell you, their bathroom is beautiful. First off their stall’s all have doors on them that go all the way to the floor. It is like you are in your own personal closet. Then the sinks are all spaced apart enough so that you are not washing your hands while accidentally having intercourse with the guy next to you. On top of that it was spotless. You could eat off the floors, they where that clean. I am telling you for a bathroom at a mall, Carson’s can’t be beat.

Ferris Buehler’s Day Off was the best John Hughes movie – I was discussing the works of Mr. Hughes the other day with my wife. We then got into a semi debate over which of his 80’s films was his best. To me it is a blowout. Ferris Buehler's Day Off was his best in a landslide. Sixteen Candles has it’s moments but it is a little too much of a chick movie for my tastes. The Breakfast Club was too sappy, even for a John Hughes film (which is saying something as all his films have that sap factor in the end.) Pretty in Pink, despite Ducky, and James Spader playing a great Dick, doesn’t do it for me. Weird Science while good at times, is not in the same league as the Matthew Broderick classic.

Despite what you may have heard, baseball is still America’s Game – Everywhere I look, I see some bobble head ESPN anchor stating that football has overtaken baseball as America’s game. Let me be the first to call bullshit on that. Listen, I love football as much as any red blooded American. But, baseball is a far superior sport. I won’t go into all the reasons for this, but there are many. The Football fanatics will all spout TV ratings as proof of football’s dominance over baseball. Comparing the two sports is difficult because they are very different. A 16 game season where every game is important compared to a 162 game season where a loss is not as big of a deal is just one example of the difference. If you need proof, look at the steroids issue. Football players use roids and they serve a 4 game suspension and no one talks about it. In baseball fans want to throw asterisks on records because of perceived usage. People still care about baseball and there is no doubt that baseball is held to a higher standard. It is still America’s game and it is stronger then ever.

I hate the new Sun Times Movie Section – I buy the Sun Times to read on the train for its convenience. You don’t have to fold and unfold every page. It turns like a magazine. For some reason they decided to change the Movies section in their Friday paper into the folding nightmare that it has become. It makes it much harder to read in the cramped quarters of the train. They used to put it inside their weekend section of the Friday paper, and that was fine. But for no other reason then for the sake of change they have created this new Movie section. So, now when I want to get Ebert’s movie reviews I have to unfold the section like a map. Sun Times editors, you need to address this and soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger ZombieDante said...

Good one about the LP trixies. You get to see them once in a while but I have to deal with their shit on a regular basis. Still, they’re easy to deal with since none of them have any originality.

I had an ex who loved to go shopping in that god forsaken mall. I used to hide in that bathroom and read. A nice sanctuary.

No way on Ferris. Dude, it was and always will be Weird Science. That was hands down the best thing Hughes ever did. Bill Paxton alone was worth the price of admission.

Personally, I think chess ought to be the nation’s favorite game, but I’ll admit it’s baseball.

Football is for those who lack the grace to understand baseball. This I know despite not giving a flying fuck about either.

Don’t know what to say about the Times movie section as I usually skip it. I don’t care for Roeper and Ebert is slipping, though we’ll forgive that due to his many illnesses. Still, Ebert has always been a second rate critic. Siskel was the go-to guy of the pair, even if he was an egoist. Anyway, I usually get the Reader instead, though I know your none too fond of them.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Nick Francone said...

What is a Lincoln park trixie?

Vincent, great comment about baseball fans having grace to understand and enjoy baseball. To me it is still the greatest game ever invented. Football is OK but it's season bores me as you have to wait a week between games. And all during the week we are blasted by all the goof ball pundits on predictions and what not. It's like OJ coverage,I get sick of it.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A Lincoln park trixie is a girl that looks and acts like Paris Hilton if she lived in Chicago.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home