Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Christmas Cinema

Since I often mistaken for The Grinch himself when it comes to Christmas I decided to try to write at least one positive Christmas article. So, while 90% of Christmas movies suck, (especially any movie Tim Allen stars in) I figured I would list five that are watchable. So, here we go.

5. It's a Charlie Brown Christmas. It is a good cartoon that features Charlie buying that puny tree. It is the one Christmas cartoon I can still watch without wanting to vomit.

4. Silent Night Deadly Night. Santa on a killing spree, what more do I need to say. My love for violent films is very well documented and this movie fits the bill. If you are looking for a plot, don't rent this. If you looking for a vengeful killing Santa well, then this is your movie.

3. Elf. I can watch Will Ferrell in anything and this is just another example of that. It has a very formulaic ending but the first ¾ of the movie is very funny.

2. Christmas Vacation. Chevy Chase and Randy Quaid star in this funny movie. While it cannot touch the original Vacation movie, this is a pretty good film on it's own merit.

1. A Christmas Story. This movie almost saves the Holiday for me. I watch it every year and I still laugh at that lamp in the shape of a leg. There are so, many great scenes and classic lines throughout the movie. Forget It's a Wonderful Life, this is what Christmas is all about.

3 Comments:

Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

Every year, for the past 2 years, we have gone to watch Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" at the Goodman theatre. So there you go Mr. Scrooge Jr., you do like Christmas!

2:54 PM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

True. I think it is a good play. Also, I love the German Village downtown. That Potato soup and brat is worth it alone.

3:52 PM  
Blogger 10withmop said...

I wanted to put a shout out to Bad Santa. Can't beleive I forgot that one. Billy Bob is funny as hell and I highly recomend that movie.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home