Monday, June 13, 2005

More Netflix Fun

Some movie reviews from the latest rentals from netflix.

I Robot – A futuristic movie in which robots attempt to rule the earth only to be stopped by Will Smith. Ya, it is as bad as it sounds.

The Assassination Of Richard Nixon – Sean Penn is brilliant as always but the movie itself lacks a certain something. I wanted to really like this movie, however in the end I cannot really recommend it other than Penn who tries his best to save it.

The Final Cut – Another bad Robin Williams movie. I really hated this one. The idea behind it sounded interesting, a device gets planted in your head that records all of your life’s events and when you die a video can be shown of your life. However, in the end it just didn’t do it for me and if you can tell me why Mira Sorvino is in this movie, you win because there was absolutely no reason.

Maria Full of Grace – a movie I expected little out of but kind of surprised me. A story about a young woman in Mexico who in order to make some money for her family decides to become a drug mule. Gripping and compelling, not a sunny film by any stretch of the imagination but it is a very good story and I would recommend it.

Collateral – Yes, Tom Cruise plays it way over the top. However, Jamie Foxx steals the show with a great performance. A Michael Mann film, so I was bound to like it. It keeps you and guessing and on the edge of your seat. Overall, another one I would recommend.

2 Comments:

Blogger joyceakajocelyn said...

What did you think of Alfie?

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Maria Full of Grace but was lukewarm on the Nixon flick............

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home