Thursday, January 05, 2006

Not The Oral Service I Like

Tomorrow at 8 AM I will be at long last getting my final two wisdom teeth removed. I realize I am a little older to be having this done. I do have an explanation for this. I take responsibility for the delay but other forces conspired against me having them removed.

I got my two wisdom teeth on the right side of my jaw removed in November of 2001. At that time I was thirty-two which is still an older age to be getting the procedure. Most of my friends had this done in their early twenties. In the 1990’s I was working at IRI. When I first started there I was not hired on as a full-time employee and was not offered insurance. So, for about two years I worked and prayed I never got hurt or sick. Every time I did visit a doctor I was paying for it out of my own pocket so, I was not going to go to a dentist for something that was not really bothering me.

Eventually I did revive health insurance through IRI. However, I still didn’t get to the dentist simply because the insurance sucked and the deductible was ridicules. I was young and a little naïve so instead of just going and getting them removed I lived with them. After awhile I quit IRI and again started consulting and again I did not have health insurance.

Eventually I got in at Harris Bank and they had a real good insurance so at long last I started going to the dentist again. I went to Dr. Elmosa in Burbank who was in a word, a dick. He was condescending and hired all these tomatoes in his office as his assistants. I really thought the guy was slimy but again I am a lazy man and I didn’t want to go through the hassle of finding a new dentist. Eventually he removed the first two wisdom teeth, and told me we would do the other two the next year. However, when I got a new job at Bank One my insurance changed and I was forced to find a new sadist, I mean dentist.

That is when I found Dr. Rodger. I got lucky as I really like him and he has been real cool. However, one of the two remaining wisdom teeth I have is impacted and will require an oral surgeon to remove. So, I delayed it while I got all other dental procedures finished. At long last I finally made the appointments got the x-rays and tomorrow I will get them removed.

Thankfully, I will be knocked out for this but still I know tomorrow afternoon and Saturday might not be a day at the beach. I was prescribed Vicodin for the pain and the doc warned me that it might be a unpleasent couple of days. So, as I stock up on cold compresses and soup I await my fate. I am sure if I had this procedure when I was younger it would have been better as a younger man heals quicker then my mid-thirties ass. I just never considered removing them a priority. It is kind of like my knee. I know I should get it fixed but who has the time? I mean I would need to be off of it for two weeks. I know that one day I will be forced to deal with it and I will have some serious arthritis in it when I get older. I guess I will never learn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what oral service do you like??

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home