Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Likes 71-80

71. HBO – The main reason that I have cable is HBO. From back in the day when they aired the Larry Sanders show I have been a fan of their original programming. Without a doubt when it comes to quality TV, HBO is the leader.

72. Artie Lange – He is more then likely the reason I started listening to Howard Stern. Hearing Artie’s Vegas exploits and his love of all things food and booze are hilarious. My favorite was when he ate two loves of his Mom’s Sausage bread at four in the morning in a drunken eating binge.

73. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Jewel – As I have often stated I am an Oatmeal Raisin guy. In the Jewel bakery they have these cookies which are like crack. I could eat the entire package of them in one sitting if I wanted to. Trust me, if you are a fan of the genre at all, pick these up.

74. Fantasy Baseball – OK, I am a baseball nerd. And as such there is no better outlet then playing fantasy baseball. It keeps me interested in every game and each morning when I grab the paper I head right to the box scores to check on my players. It is a harmless hobby that gives me a ton of joy and allows me to trash talk with my friends.

75. The Chicago Pedway – Once I found the pedway I was a new man. Now when it is cold or raining I can just hit the pedway to escape from the weather outside. I usually enter at the corner of Dearborn and Madison which is one short block from my building. I then can get all the way to the State of Illinois building which has a food court and suddenly I can enjoy a nice lunch.

76. Rolling Stone Records – Located right by the Harlem and Irving Park mall this record store should just give me my own wing, I’ve spent so much money there. It was on the brink of closing earlier this year and then miracles of miracles it got saved. Trust me this is a good thing as there are very few independent record stores left and this has always been one of the best.

77. Bag’s – No, not fun bags. I am not sure of the official name of the game but everyone knows what I am talking about. It is the game with the beanbags and you toss them into the wooden object with a hole in the middle. I first found this game at the Old Barn’s beer garden and have been playing ever since. A great backyard activity that I seem to get better at the more I drink.

78. Craigslist – If there is a better site to buy and sell shit I haven’t found it. The best thing about the site is that it is free to post there. Meaning if you want to sell that old exercise bike that you never use just put an ad on craigslist and you are done. A great site and I hope that it can survive without charging.

79. Conon O’Brien – I remember watching those first shows and thinking that guy has a lot of work to do. Well, he has done it and now hosts the best late night talk show of them all. A naturally funny guy who has a great writing team and has against some pretty big odds found his own voice and his own niche.

80. Ben and Jerry’s Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch – It is so good that it should be illegal. I never buy it because it won’t last more then ten minutes in my freezer. I can not describe just how good this ice cream is. I am glad it is out there yet, for the good of my gut I wish that they didn’t make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home