Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Nick's Playoffs

Well, even though the Bears lost it was still a hell of a run. This post season was better then most in that I had a rooting interest. Here is a brief summary of how I spent the football playoffs.

Round 1: Saturday’s games – We headed over to my friend Joe’s condo in Hickory Hills. There we watched the Colts beat the Chiefs and the Seahawks beat the Cowboys. I did ok, as I broke even on the day gambling wise. I hit one strip card so, I was happy. Besides, the White Castle, (which I brought to each place I went as it has become something of a tradition) we had some good BBQ from the Pit and some sandwich rolls. Chris had some potato chips he brought back with him from France, including a turkey and brown gravy flavor which were horrible. Gambling Line: Even

Round 1: Sunday’s games – Joyce and I had a previous engagement at her sisters house so we watched the action there. The Pat’s beat the Jet’s and the Eagles tamed the Giants. We were celebrating a late Christmas, since we were in Vegas during the actual holiday. We ate a great meal and watched the game’s with Joyce’s family. No gambling so I was still even after one round.

Round 2: Saturday’s games – I headed over to my friend Wally’s house in Bridgeport. There I saw the Colts beat the Ravens and the Saints beat the Eagles. It was a literal smorgasbord of food. Wally had, pulled pork, chicken, polish sausage, a ham, some beef brisket and other assorted sides. It was all really tasty. I left there joking that I think I ate one of each animal. I got my ass kicked gambling as I lost every strip card I played. Gambling Line: -$40

Round 2: Sunday’s games – For the Sunday games I was off to my friend Brian’s house in Willow Springs. There we watched the Bears beat the Seahawks and the Pat’s beat the Chargers. Wally grilled a turkey and Brain’s girlfriend had a ton of food, including meatballs and mini-hotdog’s (one of my favorites.) My luck would be no better there as I lost again. I was starting to go into the poor house in gambling losses. Gambling Line: -$95

Championship Sunday – For Championship Sunday we were off to Pat’s house in Alsip. Pat has been hosting Championship Sunday for years. There we watched the mighty Bears beat the Saints and the Colts topple the Pat’s. Food wise there was so much I barely remember it all. Pat’s wife made some homemade tamale’s and some other Mexican dishes. I also had a beef sandwich at some point. My luck finally changed as I hit not one, but two strip cards, bringing me back to even for the playoffs. Gambling Line: Even

Superbowl Sunday – We were off to Michael’s house in Merrionette Park. Sadly, we had to watch him celebrate a Colts victory. (I was at the one party in Chicago hosted by a Colts fan.) At least Joyce won some money as she pulled the Colts in a playoff pool at the start of the playoffs. So she won a cool $100. Food wise, I had some Chicken, beef brisket, some polish sausage and BBQ pork bun. (As well as about 5 sliders.) On the gambling side things picked up as I hit a square, a strip card and I won the first score pool. After drawing the Bears Special Teams, it looked grim but thanks to Devin Hester I was smiling big time. Gambling Line: + $165

All in all I had a good time gambling, watching football, eating bad food and drinking. I need to go into a detox program for the next month, but it was worth it. Here are some pictures of all the merriment. Please remember I am no Ansel Adams and I was drunk when I took a number of these photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43299774@N00/sets/72157594482210503/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home