Friday, December 28, 2007

Nick's Chirstmas Gifts

As much as I bitched about Christmas I did reel in a pretty nice haul of gifts. So, here is a brief summary of the Xmas gifts that I received.

Die Hard DVD – It is amazing to think I never went out and bought this one. I had the first three on VHS but never went out and picked up the DVD’s. Now that I have the O.G. Die Hard, I can go out and pick up the rest to complete the set.

Arrested Development Season 1 DVD – I am an Arrested Development junkie. I have a ton of episodes saved on my DVR. But, I always wanted to pick up the DVD’s so I could have them for prosperity. Now, that I have season one, I think I will have to pick up the next two seasons to complete the set.

The Best of SCTV - During the early to mid 80’s I watched a lot of SCTV. I always felt it was much better then Saturday Night Live. So many great characters and skits, that now that I have the DVD I can enjoy once again.

Guitar Hero III – OK, I know I am 38. I realize that is a tad old to still be playing video games. I also realize I am out of my age bracket when it comes to Guitar Hero. But, fuck it, I love this game. It is addictive as hell. It is a ton of fun and lets me pretend to be a rock star. I am still not great at this game. I am good, but with more practice hopefully, I can become great.

1968 Cub Hat – You can see a picture of it here. http://www.cubworld.com/product/699
I am always trying to add to my collection of Chicago Cub gear. This hat was one that I saw online and really liked. So, I went out and put it on my Christmas list for my Dad’s side of the family grab bag and I was lucky enough to score it.

1969 Cub Hat – You can never enough Cub hats. With this one in my collection I now have a separate one for each day of the week. Here is a picture of it. http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Cubs-Cap-Adjustable-Freshman/dp/B000S484D8/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1198853846&sr=1-23

Cubs Windbreaker – To complete my Cubs Christmas wardrobe, I also received this cool windbreaker. I put it on my Amazon wish list and was lucky enough to score it from my Brother-in-law. I am now officially ready for April at Wrigley. Here is a picture of the coat http://www.amazon.com/Baseball-Jacket-Chicago-Premier-Majestic/dp/B000EOSJV4/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1198853949&sr=1-45

Cubs Monopoly board game – No Cub fan worth his salt can live without this one. Seriously, this is a pretty cool game that uses Wrigley as the backdrop. Here is a peak at it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X0OYYU/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1KXVQ0PT40BEN&colid=31D3DEF2L3JUC

Flannel Red Pajama’s – Before I met Joyce I never wore PJ’s. I usually just threw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. (Which is still what I do in the summer.) But, Joyce insists I wear pajamas in the winter so, she usually gets me a pair. These are pretty comfortable I must admit.

An Ipod Dock w/ Speakers – At long last in November I broke down and finally got an Ipod. I had been fighting it forever. I mean I still have a ton of LP’ that I jam to once in awhile. But, when my co-worker mentioned he was selling his, I went ahead and bought it from him. And it sat on my desk at home for a month unused. I then took a ride with my cousin Joe, and he had his in his car. After playing around with his, I said what the hell and I started ripping CD’s to mine. Now, I must mention I own over 800 cd’s so, it will be an undertaking to try and get them on the Ipod. With the Dock I can now listen to the thing throughout my house which is nice.

Cashews – Every year my Mom gets my brother and I some Cashews and I thank her every year. I must say I love the nuts.

I also got a Simpson’s book from my Mom and some beer from a co-worker. All in all not a bad haul. It almost makes up for all the running around and stress that I endured in the weeks leading up to the holiday. I stress the word, almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home