Friday, January 04, 2008

Playoff Picks

Here are my 2008 NFL playoff picks. Please hold the laughter.

NFC
Wild Card
Seattle over Washington – I would love to pick the Redskins but going cross country to Seattle might be a little more then this team can handle. The Seahawks are very tough at home and can pass the ball like no one’s business. I say they win a squeaker.

NY Giants over Tampa Bay – The Giants are a much better road team then they are at home. Tampa came out of nowhere to win the south, which may have been the weakest division in football. The Giants have more talent and will find a way to win this one late.

Divisional round
Dallas over NY Giants – I would love to pick the Giants here, but Dallas is just a better team. They proved this over the course of the season by beating their ass twice. I know it is hard to beat a team 3 times during one season but, I think the Cowboys can do it.

Green Bay over Seattle – This one will be closer then people think. If this game was in Seattle I would be all over the Seahawks. Going to Green Bay will be tough. I think the Packer D will slow down Seattle just enough to win despite #4

NFC Championship
Dallas over Green Bay - Dallas has been the best team in the NFC all year, so why should it be any different in the playoffs. The ‘Boys have made the Pack their bitches for years and that trend should continue. Favre will throw a costly pick down the stretch like he always does in the playoffs, mark my words.

AFC
Wild Card
San Diego over Tennessee – I am more confident in this pick then any other I have made. Despite Norv Turner, coaching the Bolt’s I still think they should breeze past a Titan team that snuck into the playoffs. If Vince Young doesn’t play this will be a blowout.

Jacksonville over Pittsburgh – I am on the Jaguar bandwagon. I love the way they are playing right now. They have all the ingredients to make a long playoff run. That running game and D is a good combo. The Steelers just have too many injuries to overcome.

Divisional Round
New England over Jacksonville – This will be a great game. Jacksonville will give New England fits. They have the perfect kind of team to cause the Pat’s some trouble. New England had better figure out how to run the ball because if the conditions are bad for this game they are in deep shit. Still, I think as they have all year New England at the end will find a way to win it.

Indianapolis over San Diego – If anyone other then Norv Turner were coaching the Chargers I would pick San Diego. Somehow, he will find a way to screw this up. They will have the Colt’s on the ropes, but Manning finds a way to get it done.

AFC Championship
Indianapolis over New England – Two words, Joey Addai. Addai will run wild in this game and be the difference. The Colts even though they lost to New England earlier this year at home, where decimated by injuries in that game. Here, they will be healthier and they know how to beat the Patriots. It will go to O.T. where Vinateri will win it to bite the hand that once fed him.

SuperBowl
Indianapolis over Dallas – This would be a very good matchup. I like the Colts here because believe it or not of their defense. The Dallas D is very average and Indy has quietly had one of the better D’s in football this year. Points will be scored but the Colts make it two in a row when all is said and done.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the Patriots go undefeated so the '72 Dolphins can finally bite a big one.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home