Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Staycation

As of 4:30 PM CST I am on vacation until December 1st. I look forward to basically doing nothing. I am going to sit on my fat ass and watch a bunch of DVD’s. (I will also enjoy my wife’s company.) I may do some house chores here and there but I busted my ass the last couple of weekends making sure my load will be as light as possible for my vacation.


On Saturday I am going on what should be a rather large pub crawl for my friends Wally and Johna down 95th street. Last time I did a 95th street pub crawl I came home and immediately vomited. Obviously, I hope that is not the case this Saturday. I was put in charge of the whistle for the event.


This is a huge responsibility as when I blow said whistle our group will be leaving the bar and heading to our next spot. Meaning that I say how long we spend at each establishment. I am not sure what handing that task to me says about Nick. Possibly, I was thought of as the most responsible of the group. Or, maybe I am the most Nazi like in my quest to keep things moving along. Then again, I may be considered the slowest drinker and the thought is when I am done with my drink most everyone else should be as well. Whatever the reason, I will take on the responsibility and try not to abuse the power that comes with being the Grand Marshall.


Next Thursday is Thanksgiving and that should be fun. My Dad is coming in from Ohio next week and I am sure many a hand of 500 rummy will be played with my family. Thanksgiving at least in my family is a total guy holiday. The men sit around drinking and watching football while the women slave over a huge turkey dinner. Do, I feel guilty about this, yes but I am much to fat and lazy to do anything about it.


Other then that I plan on resting up with my time off, until I am forced back into the abyss on December 1st. I am still in training for the Shamrock Scuffle in March and the race to Wrigley in April. I am up to nearly three miles without stopping. I need to get to five for the Shamrock. Hopefully, I get there before I have a grabber on a treadmill at Cardinal Fitness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home