Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thank You Howard

I think I summed up my feelings on the election yesterday. However, I did want to send a shout out to someone who no one that I have seen has mentioned yet. Someone I feel deserves a huge fucking pat on the back and without whom, I not sure Obama would have won.


That man is Howard Dean. From the day he took over the DNC he has changed the party. His 50 state strategy started bearing fruit in 2006 and was the first step in last nights result. The Democrats won in Indiana and Virginia for the first time in my lifetime. North Carolina looks like it went blue as well. If I had told you that four years ago that a black Democrat would win those states in 2008 you would have thought I was crazy.


So, yes, Obama and Axelrod and Plouffe deserve a shit load of credit for the campaign they ran. But someone needs to really thank Howard Dean. He brought this party into the 21st century and it was under his leadership that all this was possible. Mr. Dean thank you. Thank you for planting the seeds that led to a truly historic night. For the first time in very long time America has hope. Let’s just hope we don’t blow this huge opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home