Monday, January 26, 2009

The Wedding

I had a blast this weekend at my friends Wally and Jonna’s wedding. Memories are a little hazy but thanks to my wife filling in the blanks and looking at some of the pictures (thanks Kris) I am beginning to remember all the details. Some of my personal highlights.


Seeing all the old Peace Frogs in the same room again was great. I played softball with these guys in the early 90’s and that was the most fun team I was on. I was thinking about it and I could not remember when that many of us had been in the same place at the same time in years.


Don’s new nickname is Hot Stuff. You had to be there to appreciate it.


Howard and White Boys still rock. I haven’t seen them in awhile and seeing them perform for the after party (a huge shout out to Wally and Jonna for booking them) was a blast. Those guys still rock and I loved hearing them again.


That old Dixie Land band also rocked. I could not remember their name but they played the “Afternoon Social” and they were a riot. Watching those guys switch instruments and play all those old songs definitely warmed my heart.


I thought Mike’s toast was fantastic. It spoke from the heart and was both funny and touching.


Whoever made the call on Ricobene’s at the Afternoon social that was a great call. That breaded steak really hit the spot.


I wish I had some pictures of the event but the re-chargeable batteries in my camera took a dump. It is probably a blessing in disguise because in the condition I was in I don’t think there would have been many keepers.


Lastly a huge shout out to the bride and groom. I have been to a lot of weddings in my day and that one was an instant classic. It was 13 years in the making but betting on Wally and Jonna making it is about as sure of bet as you can make. I wish them all the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home